Hoops (video game)
|This article may contain material discouraged by the guidelines for video game subjects. (July 2008)|
North American cover art
Multiplayer (up to 2 players)
|Distribution||Family Computer cartridge|
Hoops is an NES basketball video game that was released in 1988 for a Japanese audience and in 1989 for a North American audience. In Japan, the game is known as Moero!! Junior Basket - Two on Two (燃えろ！！ジュニアバスケット ツー オン ツー).
The game is done in a half court style with the player having a choice to disable or enable winners outs. No fouls are called. There is also an around the world mode that allows players to focus on making baskets without worrying about the charging, pushing, and traveling fouls that are found in the standard mode of play. However, the scoring system is disabled during the "around the world" mode.
- "Release information". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2008-08-12.
- "Designer/composer information". MobyGames. Retrieved 2012-04-22.
- "Genre information". RF Generation. Retrieved 2008-08-12.
- "Japanese title". Superfamicom.org. Retrieved 2012-07-17.
- "Character information". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2008-08-12.
- "Character information (second reference)". Nintendo Nerds. Retrieved 2012-04-22.