Lineup from left to right: Mark Quinlan, Frances Quinlan, Tyler Long.
|Genres||Folk rock, alternative rock, anti-folk, freak folk, acoustic rock, indie rock|
|Members||Frances Quinlan, Mark Quinlan, Tyler Long, and Joe Reinhart|
|Past members||Jacki Sulley, Peter Helmis|
Hop Along began as an acoustic freak folk solo project in 2004, during Frances Quinlan's senior year in high school, then known as Hop Along, Queen Ansleis, which eventually resulted in the release of the album Freshman Year in the summer of 2005. Three years later, in 2008, drummer Mark Quinlan (Frances Quinlan's brother) joined the project, followed by bassist Tyler Long in 2009. In light of the new formation, the name was shortened, possibly to better reflect the change from solo project to full band. Thus far, Hop Along has released one EP, Wretches, in 2009, and one full-length LP, entitled Get Disowned, which was released on May 5, 2012 to a highly positive critical response from independent music press.
- Freshman Year (released under the name Hop Along, Queen Ansleis) (2005)
- Wretches EP (2009)
- Get Disowned (2012)
- "Hop Along – Discover music, concerts, stats, & pictures at". Last.fm. 2013-05-17. Retrieved 2013-05-21.
- "Hop Along Queen Ansleis - Freshman Year (album review )". Sputnikmusic. Retrieved 2013-05-21.
- "Hop Along, Queen Ansleis – Discover music, concerts, stats, & pictures at". Last.fm. Retrieved 2013-05-21.
- "Hop Along". Hopalong.bandcamp.com. 2012-05-05. Retrieved 2013-05-21.
- "Hop Along - Get Disowned". Punknews.org. Retrieved 2013-05-21.
- "Hop Along - Get Disowned (album review 2)". Sputnikmusic. 2012-05-28. Retrieved 2013-05-21.
- "Album Review: Hop Along - Get Disowned". Already Heard. 2013-04-09. Retrieved 2013-05-21.
- "Hop Along- Get Disowned | The Needle Drop". Theneedledrop.com. 2012-06-12. Retrieved 2013-05-21.