|Beauty pageant titleholder|
July 25, 1988 |
|Education||University of Louisiana at Monroe|
|Title(s)||Miss Spirit of Ruston 2011
Miss Louisiana 2011
|Miss America 2012 (Top 10)|
She won the title of Miss Louisiana on June 25, 2011, when she received her crown from outgoing titleholder Kelsi Crain. Anderson’s platform is “Love the Skin You’re In” and she said she hoped to promote self-acceptance and volunteerism during her reign as Miss Louisiana. Anderson graduated with a degree in mass communication from the University of Louisiana at Monroe in December 2010. Anderson’s win was the third consecutive time a University of Louisiana at Monroe student won the Miss Louisiana title. Katherine Putnam, Miss Louisiana 2009, and Kelsi Crain, Miss Louisiana 2010, also attended the University of Louisiana at Monroe. After winning the title of Miss Louisiana, Anderson announced that she will take a leave of absence from her job as an associate producer at KNOE-TV to fulfill her duties as Miss Louisiana. She previously competed at the National Sweetheart 2009 pageant.
- "Miss Spirit of Ruston wins Miss Louisiana". The Daily Advertiser. June 26, 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-16.
- "Hope Anderson Wins Miss Louisiana". KTVE. June 26, 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-16.
- "Miss Louisiana 2011 is Hope Anderson". The News-Star. June 26, 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-16.
- "Hope Anderson crowned Miss Louisiana 2011". KNOE-TV. June 26, 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-16.
- "Meet your queen". The News-Star. June 27, 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-16.
- "Louisiana royalty". The News-Star. June 26, 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-16.
- "Perseverance pays for Hope". The News-Star. June 29, 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-16.
- "National Sweetheart Pageant History". Hoopeston Jaycees. Retrieved January 22, 2012.
|Awards and achievements|
|This biography article about a United States contestant in a beauty pageant is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|