Hope Dworaczyk 2009
|Playboy centerfold appearance|
|Preceded by||Jennifer Pershing|
|Succeeded by||Crystal McCahill|
|Playmate of the Year|
|Preceded by||Ida Ljungqvist|
|Succeeded by||Claire Sinclair|
November 21, 1984 |
Port Lavaca, Texas, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||126 lb (57 kg)|
Hope Dworaczyk (// dvo-RA-chik;, born in Port Lavaca, Texas on November 21, 1984), is an American Playboy model, TV host and reality television personality. She first gained fame as Playboy magazine's Playmate of the Month for April 2009 after testing for the 55th Anniversary Playmate search, and later became the 2010 Playmate of the Year.
Dworaczyk appeared on the cover of the April 2009 issue of Playboy magazine together with Seth Rogen. Her centerfold pictorial was photographed by Stephen Wayda. She was later selected as the 2010 Playmate of the Year. Her PMOY pictorial was in the June 2010 issue of the magazine which included a 3-D fold out image of her. She has since done runway work, toured for labels such as Versace, hosted Inside Fashion in Canada and appeared as a contestant on The Celebrity Apprentice.
Dworaczyk is the host and co-producer for Inside Fashion on television in Canada for the E! channel. Her runway work includes such names as Balenciaga, Robert Rodriguez, Lana Fuchs, Leila Rose, Abaete, Joanna Mastroianni, Rosa Cha, XOXO and Miss Sixty. Other career highlights include an international world tour for Versace with visits to Tokyo, Milan, London and New York and print campaigns for brands such as Patek Philippe and Elie Saab, among others. Since May 2009, she has been based in Los Angeles and she travels internationally to fashion weeks around the world.
Dworaczyk was a contestant in the spring 2011 edition of Celebrity Apprentice. She won the task as Project Manager in week 7, and won $20,000 for her charity, Best Buddies International. She was fired in week 9, finishing 8th. Of her appearance in the show, Dworaczyk stated: "I went on the show with one goal. Not to leave until I won money for Best Buddies. I chose to play for them because it’s a great cause.". Dworaczyk states that despite conflicts regarding her last name (which is difficult to pronounce) with managers and agents who urged her to change it, she refuses, saying, "Having a different last name never felt like me. I'm really happy I kept it."
Dworaczyk was born and raised in Port Lavaca, Texas. She graduated high school at sixteen and won the Miss Teen Texas competition shortly thereafter. Dworaczyk divides her time between New York, Los Angeles and Toronto, and she visits her family in Texas when she can.
Dworaczyk is a proud advocator for Best Buddies because of their work for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. "When I got back to Los Angeles, I called the local Best Buddies. I was matched with a young woman named Caroline, and we became friends. She’s now 25, and we go to trendy restaurants, get our nails done and go to the spa. I like that Best Buddies is about creating one-on-one friendships between two people. They help participants with their education, so they can find work. With education and jobs, many people with intellectual and developmental disabilities can live independently. It’s a beautiful program."
- "Playmate listing". Retrieved 2011-02-02.
- "Hometown girl Hope Dworaczyk to star in "Celebrity Apprentice"". Retrieved 2 February 2011.
- "Playboy Goes 3-D". Retrieved May 11, 2010.[dead link]
- "Andrew Freedman Public Relations > Our Clients > Hope Dworaczyk 2009". Aefpr.com. Retrieved 2010-09-01.
- "insidefashion.com". Retrieved 2009-01-20.
- "Hope Dworaczyk Interview". Retrieved Nov 29, 2011.
- Hibberd, James (May 8, 2012). "Fox's 'The Choice' cast revealed! Joe Jonas, Dean Cain, The Situation, many more -- EXCLUSIVE". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved April 11, 2013.
- Staff. "Hope Dworaczyk Miss April 2009". Playboy. Retrieved 30 December 2013.
- "Interview with Hope Dworaczyk". ABILITY Magazine. date unavailable. Retrieved 2012-04-02. Check date values in:
- Hope Dworaczyk on Twitter
- Hope Dworaczyk on Facebook
- Hope Dworaczyk's channel on YouTube
- Hope Dworaczyk on Myspace
- Hope Dworaczyk at the Internet Movie Database