From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up hopping in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Hopping may refer to:
- Hopping, the act of jumping with one foot.
- Freighthopping, the act of surreptitiously riding on a railroad freight car.
- Island hopping, a series of journeys between islands.
- Movie hopping, purchasing a ticket for one film and illicitly attending another.
- The act of jumping on someone's back and fighting them
- Hopping mouse, a genus of Australian Mice
- Various species of hopping mice, including:
- Blair Hopping (born 1980), New Zealand sportsman.
- Enos D. Hopping (1805-1847), United States Army general of the Mexican-American War.
In other uses:
- Hopping, the use of hops in brewing beer.
- Hopping, also known as Yogic flying.
- Hopping Mappy, an arcade game.
- USS Hopping (DE-155), an American warship.
- Devil Hopping, an album by British band Inspiral Carpets.
- Frequency-hopping spread spectrum, a method of transmitting radio signals by rapidly switching a carrier among many frequency channels.
- Hopping Hill, an area in Milford, Derbyshire, England.
- The Hoppings, a travelling fun fair held on the Town Moor, Newcastle upon Tyne.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.