Horasis is an independent think tank based in Zurich, Switzerland, which was established in 2005 by Frank-Jürgen Richter, its Chairman. Its stated mission is to "enact visions for a sustainable future" through new platforms for cooperation and knowledge-sharing, particularly between developed countries and emerging markets.
Horasis holds invitation-only meetings of global business leaders with a regional focus in the Middle East, China, India and Russia. Horasis has been dubbed a "world economic forum for emerging markets. In addition to the regional-focused meetings, Horasis holds an Annual Horasis Meeting in Zurich, Switzerland.
Role and Mission 
Horasis is a community of business leaders. The community works principally through partnerships with corporations, governments and international organizations, often serving as an incubator for new initiatives. These meetings rotate amongst host countries stage the events. The meetings are supported by knowledge partners - selected corporations that contribute their expertise and resources to Horasis.
Horasis meetings are usually held outside the respective geographic location of the 'in-focus' nation - in a host country. The events are a means for the countries 'in focus' as guests (China, Russia, India, and the Arab world) to promote benign relations with the world and to display soft power through co-option and cooperation. The meetings are also a platform for the respective host country to engage in a policy dialogue with the guest countries. Horasis itself is not an executive agency nor related to any government - it is neutral and impartial.
The first meeting in 2010 focused on "Strategies to Overcome the Global Economic Crisis," was attended by 100 participants from 20 countries, including leaders such as Esko Aho, Alan G. Hassenfeld, Wolfgang Lehmacher, Wen Yunsong and Pramod Bhasin. The second Horasis Annual Meeting was held on 25-26 January 2011 focused on "Driving Towards Sustainable Growth"; and the third Horasis Annual Meeting over January 24-25, 2012 considered "Thriving on Risk".
In all these events participants will engage in discussions on how to make sense of the new era of risk as the periods ahead are known to be challenging and difficult to understand.
Horasis also serves as a think tank and publishes a wide range of reports which distil the outcomes and observations that emerged from the meetings.
Business Leaders of the Year 
Horasis awards 'Business Leaders of the Year' - outstanding entrepreneurs who have been building and leading successful global firms of Chinese, Indian, Russian or Arab origin. The awards honor the most outstanding entrepreneurs who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. The award was first given in 2006. Notable recipients include: Charles Chao, president of Sina.com, Levin Zhu, who is the Chairman of China International Capital Corp, Bruno Wu and Calvin Chin, who is the founder of Qifang
See also 
- Aspen Institute
- Boao Forum for Asia
- Clinton Global Initiative
- Milken Institute
- St. Petersburg International Economic Forum
- TED (conference)
- The Conference Board
- World Knowledge Forum
||This article uses bare URLs for citations. (February 2012)|
- Indian companies to benefit from EU crisis. http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/fii-view/indian-companies-to-benefiteu-crisis-expert_566547.html
- Emerging markets to the fore. http://www.businesstoday.co.om/disCon.aspx?Cval=908
- Tom Redburn: Letter from Europe -Enthusiasm, Tempered With Concern, About Business in India. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/09/world/asia/09iht-letter.html?pagewanted=all
- Horasis Annual Meeting. http://www.aseanaffairs.com/event/horasis_annual_meeting
- Global Russia Business Meeting, address by Minister of Commerce. http://www.mcit.gov.cy/mcit/mcit.nsf/0/69FAA238A35E51B4C225787000247859?OpenDocument
- The Bank of Cyprus at the Global Russia Business Meeting. http://www.bankofcyprus.com.cy/en-GB/Cyprus/News-Archive/The-Bank-of-Cyprus-at-the-Global-Russia-Business-Meeting/
- PwC Luxembourg: Global China Business Meeting. http://www.pwc.com/lu/en/china/global-china-business-meeting.jhtml
- Jean-Claude Juncker: Discours à l'occasion du Global China Business Meeting, Luxembourg. http://www.gouvernement.lu/salle_presse/discours/premier_ministre/2010/11-novembre/22-juncker/index.html
- Gunjan Sinha at the Horasis Summit in Italy. http://www.metricstream.com/pressNews/pr_307_horasis_summit_italy_gunjan_sinha.html
- Horasis Annual Meeting 2011. http://www.horasis.org/event_all_annual_2011.php
- Horasis Annual Meeting 2012. http://www.horasis.org/event_all_annual_2012.php
- Business Leaders of the Year. http://www.horasis.org/press_releases_all_27.php
- Indian Business Leaders of the Year. http://www.prnewswire.co.uk/cgi/news/release?id=326690
- Roland Berger Strategy Consultants present awards to Arab Business Leaders. http://www.benzinga.com/press-releases/10/09/b494889/roland-berger-strategy-consultants-and-horasis-award-arab-business-lead#ixzz1WJRYRJ7O
- Chinese Business Leaders, 2011. http://www.horasis.org/Horasis%20Global%20China%20Business%20Meeting%202011%20-%20report.pdf
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Horasis|