From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up horn in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Horn or Horns may refer to:
- Horn (anatomy), a pointed projection of the skin on the head of various animals; source of most other uses below
- Horn, see keratin, the substance that, apart from other functions, is the main component of the tissue that sheaths the bony core of horns and hoofs of various animals
- French horn or "horn", a brass musical instrument often called the "French horn"
- Cor anglais, a double-reed woodwind musical instrument often called the "English horn"
- Alto horn, a brass instrument pitched in E♭
- Horn section, a group of musicians playing wind instruments
- Horn (acoustic), a conical or bell shaped aperture used to guide sound
- Horn (album), an album by Pharaoh Overlord
- Horn loudspeaker
- Natural horn, a brass musical instrument
- Vehicle horn
- Ear trumpet
- Horns (novel), a dark fantasy novel written in 2010 by Joe Hill
- Horns (film), a 2014 film adaptation of Hill's novel
- Horn of Valere a fictional horn in Robert Jordan's fantasy series The Wheel of Time, that calls heroes back from the grave
- Freyja, also known as Hörn, a Norse goddess of love, beauty, fertility, war and death
- Gjallarhorn, the sounding horn or ringing horn of the god Heimdall, used to announce Ragnarok
- Horn of Gondor, a horn carried by Boromir, son of the Steward of Gondor, in the Lord of the Rings books and films
For the surname, see Horn (surname).
- Cape Horn, the southernmost point of the continent of South America named (indirectly) after the Dutch town of Hoorn
- Cabo de Hornos, Chile, a Chilean commune located near Cape Horn
- Golden Horn, a historic inlet of the Bosphorus dividing the city of Istanbul
- Horn (district), a district of the state of Lower Austria in Austria
- Horn of Africa, a peninsula in Northeast Africa that juts into the Arabian Sea; comprises Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia and Somalia
- Horn, Austria, a small town in the Waldviertel in Lower Austria, Austria and the capital of the Horn District
- Horn, Germany, a municipality in the district of Rhein-Hunsrück in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
- Horn, Hamburg, a quarter in the borough Hamburg-Mitte, in the eastern part of Hamburg, Germany
- Horn, Netherlands, a town in the Dutch province of Limburg, and a separate municipality until 1991
- Horn, Oppland, a ferry docking point on the east side of lake Randsfjorden, Norway
- Horn, Rutland, a civil parish in the county of Rutland in the East Midlands of England
- Horn, Sweden, a locality situated in Kinda Municipality, Östergötland County, Sweden
- Horn, Switzerland, a municipality in the district of Arbon in the canton of Thurgau in Switzerland, an exclave of Thurgau
- Horn, Nebraska, a community in the United States
- Horn Island, Queensland, one of the Torres Strait Islands
- Hoorn, a municipality in the province of North Holland in the Netherlands
- Corna, also called the "devil horns", a hand gesture with a vulgar meaning in Mediterranean countries, also used in heavy metal music
- Telephone, also known as "the horn", especially among soldiers and police officers
- Texas Longhorns, the sports teams of the University of Texas in Austin; sometimes shortened to "Horns"
- Hook 'em Horns, a hand gesture expressing support for the above teams
- Cuckolds are sometimes described as having grown "horns"
- Greenhorn, sometimes shortened to "'horn", slang for newbie or novice
- Drinking horn, an animal horn that has been used as a drinking vessel in various cultures since antiquity
- Gabriel's Horn, a geometric figure that has infinite surface area but encloses a finite volume
- Golden Horns of Gallehus, two horns made of sheet gold discovered in Gallehus, Denmark, and dating to the early 5th century
- Horn (Chinese constellation), part of the European constellation Virgo
- Horn (diacritic), a diacritic mark used to indicate that a normally rounded vowel such as o or u is to be pronounced unrounded
- Horn of Plenty (disambiguation), also known as Cornucopia and the Horn of Amalthea, a symbol of food and abundance dating back to the 5th century BC
- Horn Cable Television, a television channel in Somalia
- Italian horn, an Italian amulet of good luck used to protect the wearer from the evil-eye curse
- The knob-like appendage attached to the pommel of a saddle
- Horn timber, a slanted timber extension of the keel for mounting a counter transom
- Horn antenna, a type of antenna shaped like a horn and also called "horn"
- Glacial horn, a pyramid-shaped peak sculpted by glacial erosion
- Control horn, a device that helps control the control surfaces of an aircraft
- Horn clause, a type of logical formula named after the logician Alfred Horn
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Horn.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.