|District||Nové Mesto nad Váhom|
|Elevation||203 m (666 ft)|
|Area||9.827 km2 (3.79 sq mi)|
|Density||129 / km2 (334 / sq mi)|
|Postal code||916 24|
The municipality lies at an altitude of 169 metres and covers an area of 9.827 km². It has a population of about 1300 people. The village lies about 7 km north of Piešťany and approximately 12 km south of Nové Mesto nad Váhom. Horná Streda is about an hour's drive away from Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia.
The records for genealogical research are available at the state archive "Statny Archiv in Bratislava, Slovakia"
- Roman Catholic church records (births/marriages/deaths): 1735-1919 (parish A)
- Lutheran church records (births/marriages/deaths): 1871-1922 (parish B)
- Description of the power plant (in Slovak language)
- Local plant breeding station (in Slovak language)
- Surnames of living people in Horna Streda
|This Trenčín location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|