|Quarter of Hamburg|
Brick-buildings at the street Horner Landstraße in 2006.
|• Total||5.9 km2 (2.3 sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|This section requires expansion. (March 2009)|
Horn is located in the eastern part of the city of Hamburg and belongs to the Hamburg-Mitte borough. In 2006 according to the statistical office of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein, the quarter has a total area of 5.9 km2 (2.3 sq mi). To the north is the Marienthal quarter of the Wandsbek borough and the Billstedt quarter is to the east. To the west are the quarters Hamm-Nord, Hamm-Mitte and Hamm-Süd; to the south is the Billbrook quarter.
In 2007 the population of the Horn quarter was 36,890. The population density was 6,273 inhabitants per square kilometre (16,247 /sq mi). 15.5% were children under the age of 18, and 17.9% were 65 years of age or older. 22.5% were immigrants. 2,765 people were registered as unemployed. In 1999 there were 19.604 households, and 51% of all households were made up of individuals. The average household size was 1.82.
In 2007 there were 4,237 criminal offences (115/1000 people).
Population by year
In 2006 there were 5 elementary schools and 5 secondary schools in the Horn quarter with 3,894 pupils.
In 2007 there were not less than 16 day-care centers for children, 44 physicians in private practices and 8 pharmacies.
Horn is serviced by the rapid transit system of the underground railway with the stations: Horner Rennbahn and Legienstraße (line U2 since the Change of the Lines). According to the Department of Motor Vehicles (Kraftfahrt-Bundesamt), in the quarter Horn were 9,310 private cars registered (252 cars/1000 people) in 2007 and 131 traffic accidents.
- Residents registration office, source: statistical office Nord of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein (2007)
- Source: statistical office Nord of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein (1999)
- Source: statistical office Nord of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein (2007)
- Source: statistical office Nord of Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein (2006)
- "Idee 140. Deutsches Derby" (in German). Hamburger Abendblatt. 2009-06-19. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- Statistical office Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein Statistisches Amt für Hamburg und Schleswig-Holstein, official website (German)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Horn.|