Horse Creek Wildlife Management Area
|Horse Creek Wildlife Management Area|
|West Virginia Wildlife Management Area|
Rainbow Trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) may be found in the Horse Creek WMA
|Elevation||1,187 ft (361.8 m) |
|Area||47.9 acres (19.4 ha) |
|Management||Wildlife Resources Section, WV Division of Natural Resources|
|Owner||Heartwood Forestland Fund IV, L.P|
|IUCN category||IV - Habitat/Species government Area|
|Nearest town||Pineville, West Virginia|
Horse Creek Wildlife Management Area is located in Wyoming County near Pineville, West Virginia. Located on 47.9 acres (19.4 ha) that includes a small lake, the open fields of the WMA are bordered by steep hardwood forest.
To reach the Horse Creek WMA from Pineville, follow WV Route 97 west about 16.5 miles (26.6 km) to Horse Creek Road (County Route 816). Turn left (east) on Horse Creek Road for about 1 mile (1.6 km) to Horse Creek Lake and the Horse Creek WMA.
Hunting and Fishing
Camping is not permitted in the WMA.
- Acme Mapper 2.0, Horse Creek WMA, retrieved October 31, 2008
- "Horse Creek WMA page". WV Division of Natural Resources. Retrieved 2008-10-31.
- West Virginia DNR District 4 Wildlife Management Areas
- West Virginia Hunting Regulations
- West Virginia Fishing Regulations