Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati
|Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati|
Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati Rendering
|Address||1000 Broadway Street|
|Opening date||March 4, 2013|
|Total gaming space||100,000 sq ft (9,300 m2)|
|Notable restaurants||Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville
Jack Binion's Steak
Bobby's Burger Palace
The Horseshoe Casino opened on Monday, March 4, 2013. Construction at the site began in February 2011.  The casino is located on 23 acres (9.3 ha) in the northeast corner of Downtown Cincinnati which was previously the site of Broadway Commons.  Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati will be the last of four voter-approved full-service casinos to open in the state in less than one year. 
The two-story casino is 100,000 square feet (9,300 m2) and has 2,000 slot machines, 85 table games and a 31-table World Series of Poker room.Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, Bobby's Burger Palace and Jack Binion’s Steak are three of the casino’s four restaurants that will be located inside the facility. 
Horseshoe Cincinnati is owned and operated by Rock Ohio Caesars, a joint venture between Caesars Entertainment and Dan Gilbert's Rock Gaming. Rock Ohio Caesars LLC also opened Ohio’s first casino, Horseshoe Casino Cleveland, in May, 2012.  Rock Ohio Caesars was the first operator to be licensed by the Ohio Casino Control Commission on May 2, 2012. 
Ohio voters approved (53%) a state constitutional amendment in November 2009 authorizing casinos in the state’s four largest cities: Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus and Toledo.  It was the fifth statewide vote to legalize gambling in Ohio over 20 years. 
Gross casino revenues will be taxed at 33 percent, one of the highest rates in the nation for a resort casino with this level of investment. Portions of the tax revenue are designated for public school districts; the four host cities; all 88 state counties; the Ohio State Racing Commission; law enforcement training; and research and treatment of problem gambling and substance abuse. 
- Coolidge, Alexander. “Cincy casino to open March 4.” Cincinnati.com. Cincinnati Enquirer, 12 Dec. 2012. Web. 12 Dec 2012.
- Demeropolis, Tom. “Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati announces opening date” bizjournals.com. Cincinnati Business Courier, 12 Dec. 2012. Web. 12 Dec 2012.
- Stutz, Howard. “Steakhouse at Horseshoe Cincinnati to be named for Binion”. lvrj.com. Las Vegas Review Journal, 2 Nov. 2012. Web. 12 Dec 2012.
- Stutz, Howard. “Margaritaville Restaurant to open next year at Horseshoe Casino Cincinnati”. lvrj.com. Las Vegas Review Journal, 3 Aug. 2012. Web. 12 Dec 2012.
- Provance, Jim. “Rock Ohio receives license to operate in Cleveland.” Toledoblade.com. The Toledo Blade. 2 May. 2012. Web. 12 Dec 2012.
- Sheeran, Thomas. “Horseshoe Casino, Cleveland Casino, Opens To The Public”. AP.org. Associated Press, 14 May. 2012. Web. 12 Dec 2012.
- Ott, Thomas. "All Bets Are on." The Plain Dealer [Cleveland] 15 May 2012: A1+. Print.
- “More competition for Detroit: Second Ohio casino opens in Toledo.” Ap.org. Associated Press, 29 May. 2012. Web. 12 Dec 2012.
- Myers, Amanda. “Cincinnati casino on pace to open in spring”. AP.org. Associated Press, 6 Sep. 2012. Web. 12 Dec 2012.