|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011)|
|Founder||Tony Colman (London Elektricity) and Chris Goss|
|Genre||Drum and Bass
|Country of origin||UK|
Hospital Records is an independent record label based in South London. Primarily releasing Drum and bass, the label was started in 1996 by Tony Colman and Chris Goss, and has grown in recent years to become one of the most well known labels within UK dance music. The label is home to artists such as High Contrast, Netsky, London Elektricity, Danny Byrd, Camo & Krooked, Logistics, B-complex, Nu:Tone, Metrik, Fred V & Grafix and S.P.Y. but also releases tracks from a whole host of other artists across the DnB genre. From its HQ in Forest Hill, South London, Hospital also runs the more experimental label Med School, as well as publishing company "Songs In The Key Of Knife" and their worldwide events brand "Hospitality".
In December 2011, Hospital Records won the Best Label title at the 2011 Drum and Bass Arena Awards.
The following artists are exclusively signed to Hospital Records.
- Camo & Krooked
- Danny Byrd
- Fred V & Grafix
- High Contrast
- London Elektricity
Logistics and Nu:Tone (Matt Gresham and Dan Gresham respectively) occasionally collaborate to make the group 'Nu:Logic'.
- 2014 : Logistics - Polyphony
- 2014 : Keeno - Life Cycle
- 2014 : Various Artists - Hospital Mixtape: Etherwood
- 2014 : S.P.Y - Back to Basics Chapter One
- 2014 : Fred V & Grafix - Recognise
- 2014 : Royalston - OCD
- 2014 : Various Artists - We Are 18
- 2013 : Etherwood - Etherwood
- 2013 : Camo & Krooked - Zeitgeist
- 2013 : Lung - Wait Less Suspense
- 2013 : Rawtekk - Sprouted And Formed
- 2013 : Danny Byrd - Golden Ticket
- 2012 : Various Artists - Sick Music 3
- 2012 : S.P.Y - What The Future Holds
- 2012 : Netsky - 2
- 2012 : Logistics - Fear Not
- 2012 : High Contrast - The Agony & The Ecstasy
- 2011 : Camo & Krooked – Cross The Line
- 2011 : London Elektricity – Yikes!
- 2011 : Nu:Tone – Words And Pictures (Instrumentals And Accapellas)
- 2011 : Nu:Tone – Words and Pictures
- 2010 : Danny Byrd – Rave Digger
- 2010 : Netsky – Netsky
- 2010 : Various Artists – Sick Music 2
- 2009 : Various Artists – Future Sound of Russia
- 2009 : Logistics – Crash, Bang, Wallop
- 2009 : Various Artists – Sick Music
- 2009 : High Contrast – Confidential
- 2009 : Mistabishi – Drop
- 2008 : London Elektricity – Syncopated City
- 2008 : Danny Byrd – Supersized
- 2008 : Logistics – Reality Checkpoint
- 2007 : High Contrast- Tough Guys Don't Dance
- 2007 : Nu:Tone – Back of Beyond
- 2006 : Logistics – Now More Than Ever
- 2006 : Q-Project – Renaissance Man
- 2006 : London Elektricity – Live at the Scala
- 2006 : Cyantific – Ghetto Blaster
- 2005 : London Elektricity – Power Ballads
- 2005 : Nu:Tone – Brave Nu World
- 2004 : High Contrast – High Society
- 2003 : London Elektricity – Billion Dollar Gravy
- 2002 : High Contrast – True Colours
- 1999 : London Elektricity – Pull the Plug
'Hospitality' is Hospital Record's event brand. Drum and bass events involving a set of artists from the label are often advertised as 'Hospitality' events, with events such as Hospital's biggest event 'Hospitality Brixton'.
In 2014 Hospital Records is celebrating its 18th birthday. The record label plans to revisit some of the venues that it has used for its Hospitality parties since it was formed. The first event is planned for 7th February, 2014 at Building Six at the 02 complex in Greenwich, London. This was formerly the Matter nightclub. On 4th May Hospitality will visit Heaven near Charing Cross station in central London .
Hospital Records provides a number of compilation albums over the year named 'Hospitality'. The albums contain tracks, VIP mixes, and remixes from both artists of the label as well as artists outside the label, such as Genetic Bros, Cyantific, Sub Zero, and TC. All of the albums contain about 30 tracks, as well as a mix (mixed by recognised DJs such as London Elektricity, Stanza, and Tomahawk) containing all of the tracks in the album.
Songs In The Key Of Knife
Working in partnership with long-established music publishers Fairwood Music Ltd, Nichion Inc and Westbury Music Ltd, Songs In The Key Of Knife makes every effort to develop the careers of both established and emerging writers whilst maximizing the potential of their works.
Tony Colman hosts the Hospital Records Podcast. He is occasionally joined by a guest, sometimes a Hospital Records artist or an up-and-coming drum and bass artist. Tony often plays demos from budding producers on the podcast. Produced by Matt Riley at Hospital HQ the podcast has also won the BT Digital Music Award for Best Podcast in 2006, 2007 and 2008.
- DNB Arena Awards Winners 2011. , IMO Records, London, 2 Dec 2011. Retrieved on 2 Dec 2011.
- Songs In The Key Of Knife Songs In The Key Of Knife – Home
- BT Digital Music BT Digital Music Awards 2007 – All the winners
- Official website
- Hospital Records on Myspace
- Hospital Records's channel on YouTube
- Med School Official Website
- Med School on Myspace