|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011)|
|Founder||Tony Colman (London Elektricity) and Chris Goss|
|Genre||Drum and Bass
|Country of origin||UK|
Hospital Records is an independent record label based in South London. Primarily releasing drum and bass, the label was started in 1996 by Tony Colman and Chris Goss, and has grown in recent years to become one of the most well known labels within UK dance music. The label is home to artists such as High Contrast, Netsky, London Elektricity, Danny Byrd, Camo & Krooked, Logistics, B-complex, Nu:Tone, Metrik, Fred V & Grafix and S.P.Y. but also releases tracks from a whole host of other artists across the DnB genre. From its HQ in Forest Hill, South London, Hospital also runs the more experimental label Med School, as well as publishing company "Songs In The Key Of Knife" and their worldwide events brand "Hospitality".
In December 2011, Hospital Records won the Best Label title at the 2011 Drum and Bass Arena Awards.
The following artists are exclusively signed to Hospital Records.
- Camo & Krooked
- Danny Byrd
- Fred V & Grafix
- High Contrast
- London Elektricity
Med School Music
- Joe Syntax
- The Erised
'Hospitality' is Hospital Record's event brand. Drum and bass events involving a set of artists from the label are often advertised as 'Hospitality' events, with events such as Hospital's biggest event 'Hospitality Brixton'.
In 2014 Hospital Records is celebrating its 18th birthday. The record label plans to revisit some of the venues that it has used for its Hospitality parties since it was formed. The first event is planned for 7 February 2014 at Building Six at the 02 complex in Greenwich, London. This was formerly the Matter nightclub. On 4 May Hospitality will visit Heaven near Charing Cross station in central London .
Hospital Records provides a number of compilation albums over the year named 'Hospitality'. The albums contain tracks, VIP mixes, and remixes from both artists of the label as well as artists outside the label, such as Genetic Bros, Cyantific, Sub Zero, and TC. All of the albums contain about 30 tracks, as well as a mix (mixed by recognised DJs such as London Elektricity, Stanza, and Tomahawk) containing all of the tracks in the album.
Songs In The Key Of Knife
Working in partnership with long-established music publishers Fairwood Music Ltd, Nichion Inc and Westbury Music Ltd, Songs In The Key Of Knife makes every effort to develop the careers of both established and emerging writers whilst maximizing the potential of their works.
Tony Colman hosts the Hospital Records Podcast. He is occasionally joined by a guest from the label, or an up-and-coming unsigned artist. Tony often plays demos from budding producers on the podcast. Produced by Tom Mullett at Hospital HQ. The podcast has won the BT Digital Music Award for Best Podcast in 2006, 2007 and 2008.
- 1999 : London Elektricity – Pull the Plug
- 2002 : High Contrast – True Colours
- 2003 : London Elektricity – Billion Dollar Gravy
- 2004 : High Contrast – High Society
- 2005 : Nu:Tone – Brave Nu World
- 2005 : London Elektricity – Power Ballads
- 2006 : Cyantific – Ghetto Blaster
- 2006 : London Elektricity – Live at the Scala
- 2006 : Q-Project – Renaissance Man
- 2006 : Logistics – Now More Than Ever
- 2007 : Nu:Tone – Back of Beyond
- 2007 : High Contrast- Tough Guys Don't Dance
- 2008 : Logistics – Reality Checkpoint
- 2008 : Danny Byrd – Supersized
- 2008 : London Elektricity – Syncopated City
- 2009 : Mistabishi – Drop
- 2009 : High Contrast – Confidential
- 2009 : Various Artists – Sick Music
- 2009 : Logistics – Crash, Bang, Wallop
- 2009 : Various Artists – Future Sound of Russia
- 2010 : Various Artists – Sick Music 2
- 2010 : Netsky – Netsky
- 2010 : Danny Byrd – Rave Digger
- 2011 : Nu:Tone – Words and Pictures
- 2011 : Nu:Tone – Words And Pictures (Instrumentals And Accapellas)
- 2011 : London Elektricity – Yikes!
- 2011 : Camo & Krooked – Cross The Line
- 2012 : High Contrast - The Agony & The Ecstasy
- 2012 : Logistics - Fear Not
- 2012 : Netsky - 2
- 2012 : S.P.Y - What The Future Holds
- 2012 : Various Artists - Sick Music 3
- 2013 : Danny Byrd - Golden Ticket
- 2013 : Rawtekk - Sprouted And Formed
- 2013 : Lung - Wait Less Suspense
- 2013 : Camo & Krooked - Zeitgeist
- 2013 : Etherwood - Etherwood
- 2014 : Various Artists - We Are 18
- 2014 : Royalston - OCD
- 2014 : Fred V & Grafix - Recognise
- 2014 : S.P.Y - Back to Basics Chapter One
- 2014 : Various Artists - Hospital Mixtape: Etherwood
- 2014 : Keeno - Life Cycle
- 2014 : Logistics - Polyphony
- 2014 : S.P.Y - Back to Basics Chapter Two
- 2014 : Metrik - Universal Language
- 2014 : Nu:Tone - Future History
- 2014 : Fred V & Grafix - Unrecognisable
- DNB Arena Awards Winners 2011. , IMO Records, London, 2 Dec 2011. Retrieved on 2 Dec 2011.
- Muniz, Chris (2 September 2014). "Logistics Interview". Kmag. Retrieved September 17, 2014.
- Songs In The Key Of Knife Songs In The Key Of Knife – Home
- BT Digital Music BT Digital Music Awards 2007 – All the winners
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hospital Records.|