|Born||1951 (age 61–62)|
|Genres||Persian traditional music, Sound track|
|Occupations||Composer, lute player|
|Instruments||Tar , setar (also sallaneh, shurangiz)|
Hossein Alizâdeh (Persian: حسین علیزاده), is an Iranian composer, radif-preserver, researcher, teacher, and tar and setar instrumentalist and improviser, described by Allmusic as a leading Iranian classical composer and musician.
Alizadeh was born in 1951 in Tehran to Azeri and Persian parents. He graduated from the music conservatory in 1975 and entered the school of fine arts in the University of Tehran where he studied composition and Persian music. He continued his education at the Berlin University of the Arts in composition and musicology. He studied with various masters of Traditional Persian Music such as Houshang Zarif, Ali Akbar Shahnazi, Nur-Ali Borumand, Mahmoud Karimi, Abdollah Davami, Yusef Forutan, and Sa'id Hormozi. From these masters he learned the radif of Persian classical music.
He has been nominated for the 2007 Grammy Award along with Armenian musician, Djivan Gasparyan, for their collaboration album, The Endless Vision. In 2008, he was voted as "Iran's most distinguished musician of the year".
- Dâd o Bidâd: A new maqâm in Persian music, through combining the gusheh of dâd in dastgah of Mahour and the gusheh of bidâd in dastgah of Homayoun.
- Sallaneh and Shoor-Angiz: Two new musical instruments derived from the ancient Persian lute barbat.
- Ode to Flowers (2007) H Alizadeh: Shoor-Angiz, A Rassai: Vocals, M Khaladj: Tombak & Daf, A Boustan: Setar, P Akhavas: Vocals, N Alizadeh: Robab, S Alizadeh: Kamancheh 
- Endless Vision (2006) Hossein Alizadeh: Shoor-Angiz, Djivan Gasparyan:Duduk World Village Music
- Faryad (The Cry) (2005) MR Shajaian: Vocals, Hossein Alizadeh: Tar, Keyhan Kalhor: Kamancheh, H Shajarian: Vocals & tombak World Village Music
- Sallaneh (2003) Hossein Alizadeh: Sallaneh Mahoor Institute
- Bi To Be Sar Nemishavad (Without You) (2002) MR Shajarian: Vocals, Hossein Alizadeh: Tar, Keyhan Kalhor: Kamancheh, H Shajarian: Vocals & tombak World Village Music
- Iran: Les Maitres de L'Improvisation (2000) Hossein Alizadeh: Tar, Madjid Khaladj: Tombak Buda Records
- Zemestan ast (It's Winter) (2000) Mehdi Akhavan Sales: Poems MR Shajaian: Vocals Hossein Alizadeh: Tar Keyhan Kalhor: Kamancheh H Shajarian: Vocals & tombak Soroush Co.
- Raz-e No (Novel Mystery) (1999) Hossein Alizadeh: Composer, Tar, Tanbur Mohsen Keramati, Afsaneh Rasayi, Homa Niknam, Ali Samadpour: Vocals Daryush Zargari: Tombak Mahoor Institute
- Paria, Qesseh-ye Dokhtara-ye Nane Darya (Paria, Tale of Daughters of the Mother Sea)
- Sobhgahi Hossein Alizadeh: Composer Mohsen Karamati: Vocals Mahoor Institute
- No Bang-e Kohan (Ancient Call-Anew) Mahoor Institute
- Ava-ye Mehr (Song of Campassion) (1991) Hossein Alizadeh: Composer Orchestra of Indigenous Instruments of Iran
- Shourangiz (Song of Campassion) (1988) Hossein Alizadeh: Composer Sheyda and Aref Groups Shahram Nazeri: Vocals Mahoor Institute
- Raz-o-Niaz (1986) Hossein Alizadeh: Composer Sheyda and Aref Groups Alireza Eftekhari: Vocals Mahoor Institute
- Torkaman (1986) Hossein Alizadeh: Setar Mahoor Institute
- Dream (1986)
- NeyNava (1983) Hossein Alizadeh: Composer String Orchestra of the National Radio and Television of Iran Djamshid Andalibi: Ney Soloist
- Osyan (Revolt) (1983)
- Hesar (1977)
- Hamnavayi Hossein Alizadeh: Tar Arshad Tahmasbi: Tar Dariush Zargari: Tombak Mahoor Institute
- Savaran-e Dasht-e Omid (Riders of the Plain of Hope) (1977)
- Chahargah & Bayat-e Tork Hossein Alizadeh: Tar, Setar Hossein Omumi: Nei, Vocals M Ghavihelm: Tombak Mahoor Institute
- Paykubi Hossein Alizadeh: Setar Daryush Zargari: Tombak Mahoor Institute
- Nava (1976) Hossein Alizadeh: Tar Majid Khalaj: Tombak Mahoor Institute
- Homayun Hossein Alizadeh: Setar Majid Khalaj: Tombak Mahoor Institute
- The Song of Sparrows, 2008.
- Half Moon, 2006.
- Turtles can fly, 2004.
- Abjad ("First Letter"), 2003, composed by Abolfazl Jalili.
- Zamani baraye masti asbha ("A Time for Drunken Horses"), 2000.
- Doxtarân e xorshid ('Daughters of the Sun") directed by Maryam Shahriyâ, 2000.
- Gabbeh, 1995.
- Del Shodegân directed by Ali Hatami, 1992.
- Az A'sar, ("From Eons Ago")
- "همشهری آنلاین". Hamshahrionline.ir. November 21, 2011. Retrieved December 22, 2011.
- Harris, Craig. "Hossein Alizâdeh > Biography". Allmusic. Retrieved August 18, 2010.
- "AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved December 22, 2011.
- "Hamavayan Ensemble, Hossein Alizadeh | Ode To Flowers (Sorood-e gol)". CD Baby. Retrieved December 22, 2011.
- Hossein Alizâdeh at the Internet Movie Database
- Laudan Nooshin, in The New Grove Dictionary of Music and Musicians, edited by Stanley Sadie, second edition (Macmillan, London, 2001). ISBN 1-56159-239-0. (Oxford University Press, 2001). ISBN 0-19-517067-9.