|Occupation||Businessman, founder and President of Sabet International Trading Co.|
Hossein Sabet Baktash (Persian: حسین ثابت , Born in Mashhad) is an Iranian billionaire businessman and Persian carpet dealer who owns Sabet International Trading Co.. Sabet has a BSc in engineering and resides in Berlin, Germany.
Sabet International Trading Co. has numerous subsidiaries such as the Sabet Hotels Group, notable for owning many hotels in Kish Island, including the Dariush Grand Hotel and 11 hotels in Europe including many on the Canary Islands. Sabet also owns the Kish Dolphinarium and an amusement park on the island.
Sabet is also set to build the first solar powered hotel in West Asia on Kish Island, Iran. Koroush Hotel will be 7 star and will cost $520 million and will have 500 rooms, 23 floors in an area of 100,000 square meters. The hotel is set to be complete in October 2009.
Sabet also has a 25% share of Qeshm Air.
- Gehm, Karl Heinz (1985). Der Machtzerfall der sozialliberalen Koalition in Berlin [The fall from power of the social-liberal coalition in Berlin] (in German). Berlin Verlag A. Spitz. p. 238. ISBN 978-3-87061-291-7.
- Kish Free Zone Organization - سازمان منطقه آزاد کیش
- Sendung, Sendedatum[dead link]
- "Eine Schlacht verloren" [A lost battle]. Die Zeit (in German). 30 January 1981. Retrieved 21 October 2010.
- "Dariush hotel of Iran's Kish island becomes international". Payvand. 7 May 2004. Retrieved 21 October 2010.
- "Kish Journal; A Little Leg, a Little Booze, but Hardly Gomorrah". The New York Times. 15 April 2002. Retrieved 21 October 2010.
- "Where Iranians go to let their hair down". The Globe and Mail. 17 October 2008. Retrieved 21 October 2010.
- "Das Leben hinter dem Schleier" [Life behind the veil]. Der Spiegel (in German). 8 June 2009. Retrieved 21 October 2010.
- Press TV - Iran builds 1st solar hotel on Kish
- Kish Hotel to Use Solar Energy - Middle East News
- Baztab News
|This article about an Iranian businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|