- This article is about the company known as Hostess Brands which was founded in 2013. For the original Hostess Brands currently under liquidation, see Old HB. For the brand of snack cakes, see Hostess (snack cakes).
|Headquarters||Kansas City, Missouri, United States|
|Products||Brands such as Hostess and Dolly Madison|
|Owner(s)||C. Dean Metropoulos and Co.
Apollo Global Management
Hostess Brands, LLC is a bakery company formed in 2013. It owns several bakeries in the United States that produce snack cakes under the Hostess and Dolly Madison brand names. It is headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri and is owned by Apollo Global Management and C. Dean Metropoulos and Company.
The company is separate from Old HB which was formerly known as Hostess Brands, Inc. from 2009–2013. Old HB is currently under liquidation and sold its cake business to Apollo and Metropoulos creating the current Hostess Brands. The current Hostess Brands was formed as New HB Acquisition, LLC to acquire the cake business (Hostess and Dolly Madison brands) of Hostess Brands, Inc. Following the conclusion of the sale, Hostess Brands, Inc. became Old HB, Inc. and New HB Acquisition became Hostess Brands, LLC.
In June 2013, Hostess Brands retained the same public relations and advertising firms that had previously worked for Old HB. Bernstein-Rein, in Kansas City, MO will do Hostess Brands' advertising; LAK Public Relations, in New York, will handle its public relations for the return of Hostess products.
The company officially restarted production of snack cakes on June 6, 2013, with products officially going on sale on July 15, 2013.
Under the new company ownership, Twinkies will have a shelf life of 45 days. The product previously had a 26-day shelf-life. This increase in shelf life was implemented by the previous company (Hostess Brands, Inc.) on November 1, 2012, and will continue to be implemented.
- Choi, Candice (June 24, 2013). "Hostess says Twinkies will return to shelves July 15 with wider distribution". Star Tribune. Retrieved July 22, 2013.
- "Business Name History". Missouri Secretary of State. July 22, 2013. Retrieved July 22, 2013.
- Elliott, Stuart (June 30, 2013). "News From the Advertising Industry (Accounts)". New York Times. Retrieved July 24, 2013.
- Kim, Susanna (July 9, 2013). "What's New About the Twinkie and Other Hostess Brands Favorites". ABC News. Retrieved July 22, 2013.
- "Hostess Selects Winning Bidder for Twinkies". Consumer Goods Technology. 2013-03-12.