|Type of site||Online publication|
HotHardware is an online publication that covers the latest trends in computer hardware, consumer electronics and related technologies, mobile computing and PC gaming. The site is regularly referenced by sites such as Slashdot, Engadget, and other web portals. HotHardware also regularly features coverage about launches of new products and technologies from many of the major computer products OEMs like Intel, Dell, AMD and NVIDIA.
HotHardware was founded by Editor In Chief, Dave Altavilla, who later recruited Marco Chiappetta along with a small team of freelancers. Before founding HotHardware, Altavilla's worked in the semiconductor and computer products fields, and Chiappetta worked at several other tech publications while also working in software development and quality assurance.
HotHardware's homepage is broken up into sections that feature the site's original content and links to industry news stories. Daily Hardware Round-ups also offer reviews and news submitted by other technology-related sites.
All content is organized by category and is searchable through a content management system (CMS). The site's main page also features images of the most recently posted articles arranged by date as well as regular tech news updates throughout the day with a blog-style comments section available for community members.
Community and Forum
HotHardware has a community section and forum that is open to all visitors of the site once registered. Most of the discussion threads in the forum revolve around computers or related technology, but debates in the Lounge include anything from industry happenings to politics, current events or various social topics. The forum and integrated comments section has a web 2.0 model in mind with features such as topic tagging/filing and a content rating system. HotHardware's forum members can also take part in contests, where users can win hardware that has been featured on the site.
- "Dell Launches New UltraSharp 3008WFP 30-Inch LCD - Slashdot.org, source HotHardware".
- "HP Blackbird 002 gaming rig reviewed - engadget.com, source HotHardware".
- "Powerful Solutions to Power Your Business... Intel is poised to change the face of the desktop computing landscape… HotHardware.com - Intel".
- "Dell's 3008WFP Widescreen LCD Display Debuts @ CES - Direct2Dell.com, source HotHardware".
- "Reviews Radeon X1800 Series, Image Quality - ATI.AMD.com, source HotHardware".
- "Reviews & Editorials, HotHardware - NVIDIA.com".
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|