Hot Head Burritos
|Hot Head Burritos|
Hot Head Burritos is a restaurant chain based in Dayton, Ohio. The restaurant specializes in Mexican-style burritos and other Mexican-style foods. Hot Head Burritos was ranked by AOL.com in 2009 as one of America's next big chains. In 2011, Hot Head Burritos was named 41st on FastCasual's list of 2011's Top 100 Movers and Shakers.
The company's main competition are other similar chains such as Denver-based Chipotle Mexican Grill, which has nearly 800 U.S. locations and nine Dayton area stores. The company hopes to exceed the number of Chipotle restaurants by 2014. The company plans to continue to add more restaurants in the Dayton region. They have also announced plans to expand into Kentucky and Cincinnati. In 2011, Hot Head announced plans to move into the Columbus, Ohio market. The company in planning for up to 50 restaurants in the Columbus area. On September 21st 2011, Hot Head Burritos opened their first store in the Columbus area located in the Columbus suburb of Hilliard. In November 2011, the restaurant signed a deal for more than 30 additional Ohio locations. As of November 2011, the restaurant had 21 locations on Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky. Hot Head Burritos operates as a franchise with their headquarters located in Kettering, Ohio, a suburb of Dayton. In March 2012, Hot Head Burritos opened a location in Eaton, Ohio.
|This section requires expansion. (November 2011)|
The restaurant offers a customizable menu of burritos, nachos, bowls, and quesadillas with a variety of vegetables, proteins, and many different sauces. The proteins include chicken, steak, pork, taco meat, and barbacoa. Vegetarian options are also available. The house-made "Hot Head Sauce" is the most popular and in the middle of the spectrum of spiciness. In all they offer over a dozen sauces from which customers can choose.
There are 5 options for kids meals and all come with a small drink and a cookie. The options include Li'l burrito, Li'l bowl, Li'l nachos, tacos(2), and cheese quesadilla.
- Demeropolis, Tom (2009-02-13). "Hothead burning up competition - Dayton Business Journal:". Bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2010-01-21.
- "Top 100 ranking". Retrieved 2011-11-17.
- "Hothead Burritos to open in Troy - Dayton Business Journal:". Dayton.bizjournals.com. 2009-10-06. Retrieved 2010-01-21.
- Maurer, Katie (2007-12-21). "New recipe for success - Dayton Business Journal:". Dayton.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2010-01-21.
- "Restaurant chain opens near UD, will open 3 more". Cox Ohio Publishing. 2009-03-25. Retrieved 2010-02-10.
- Demeropolis, Tom (19 April 2010). "Dayton burrito shop rolls into Cincinnati market". Business Courier. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- "Hothead Burritos rolling into Columbus area - Dayton Business Journal:". Dayton.bizjournals.com. 2011-08-16. Retrieved 2011-08-17.
- "Hot Head Burritos inks deal for 30 Ohio locations - Dayton Business Journal:". Dayton.bizjournals.com. 2011-11-15. Retrieved 2011-11-17.
- "Hot Head Burritos website". Hot Head Burritos. Retrieved Nov. 2, 2011.