Hotel Puente Romano
Puente Romano Beach Resort, member of The Leading Hotels of the World, is situated on the southern coast of Spain in the Costa del Sol within the “Golden Mile”, 35 minutes’ drive from Málaga Airport.
It is famous for its Tennis Club (that also hosts concerts of famous singers), variety of on-site restaurants, garden (more than 400 spicies) and support of World Vision Charity’s Laos education project (there is a special charity rate for the guests who wish to donate).
- Hotel Puente Romano was built in 1974, as one of the exclusive apartment complexes on Marbella's "Golden Mile". German-Spanish Royal Prince Alfonso Von Hohenlohe, launched his business idea for the Puente Romano Complex.
- Mr. Mouaffak Al Midani acquired Puente Romano in 1979.
- In 1979, Puente Romano opened officially as a hotel.
- The first important event hosted at the hotel was the wedding of tennis legend Bjorn Borg and Mariana Simionescu in 1980. Later he became the Director of the Puente Romano Tennis Club.
- Wimbledon Champion, Manolo Santana took over as Director of the Club from 1983 to 1998.
- In 1982, the Puente Romano Hotel became a member of The Leading Hotels of the World.
- Mr. Al Midani's heirs sold the Puente Romano Hotel in 1994 to the David Shamoon Family, who still owns the establishment today.
- In 1988 The Puente Romano Tennis Club was the host of the David Cup classifying match between Spain and Mexico.
- In 1992, international opera star, Montserrat Caballé, held her first concert on at the Main Court of the Tennis Club. Tennis Club was also a host for the concerts of José Carreras, Ray Charles, BB King, Paco de Lucía, Van Morrison and Grace Jones, and many others.
- Also in the same year, the Puente Romano Hotel was awarded the first prize of "Alimentos de España", presented by the Ministry of Agriculture, for its varied and exquisite cuisine.
- In 1994 and 2004, the Puente Romano Hotel was named "Best Hotel" for its gardens, by the Association of Gardens of the Costa del Sol.
- In 2000, the Hotel hosted the Australian tennis team, which trained for the Barcelona Davis Cup in the Hotel's Tennis Club.
- Since 2004 until 2007, the Puente Romano was each year a host to the Nations Senior Tennis Cup.
- In 2004, the Puente Romano Hotel celebrated its 25th Anniversary. One of the most remarkable events that year was "West Side Story" Charity Gala Dinner, on behalf of the "Reina Sofía Foundation" and the Alzheimer's project.
- In 2009, 2010 and 2011 the Puente Romano Tennis Club has been the official site of the women's "Andalusia Tennis Experience" tournament.
The Resort features 269 rooms, 3 outdoor Pools, Tennis & Fitness Club, 18-hole golf course (in the foothills of Benahavis), an Equestrian Centre and Kid´s Club.
Puente Romano Beach Resort has 8 on-site restaurants (2 Michelin Star restaurant is among them).
DANI GARCÍA RESTAURANTE – gastronomic restaurant, 2 Michelin Star Chef
BIBO – creative tapas bar
SERAFINA - Italian cuisine, collection of wines
SEA GRILL - Mediterranean cuisine, dishes prepared in Tandoori Oven and on Charcoal Grill
DEL MAR - Oriental & Southern Spanish gastronomy
NAMAZAKE – Japanese cuisine
SUITE - Moorish-inspired fusion cuisine, nightclub
RACHEL'S – ecological products, well-being (beauty treatment&massages)
Gina Lollobridigda, Bjorn Borg, Demis Roussos, Baron Thyssen, Ronald Koeman, Count of Barcelona Farah Diba, Montserrat Caballé, Princess Soraya, Julio Iglesias, Dire Straits, Lord Lichfield, Chris Evert Duran Duran, Mike Fratello, Jose Maria Olazabal, Martina Navratilova, Alain Delon, George Hamilton Phil Collins, Elizabeth Taylor, Barbra Streisand, Elsa Martinelli, Prince, Wham, Roberto Rossellini Police, Arantxa Sanchez Vicario, Gabriela Sabatini, Yves Montand, Tom Cruise, Boris Becker Alain Prost, The Kennedys, Vidal Sassoon, Isabel Iglesias Preysler, Princess Birgitta of Sweden Shirley Bassey, Adnaan Kashoggi, Count Jaime de Mora y ragón, José Luis Moreno, Espartaco Rod Stewart, Antonio Ruiz “El Bailarin”, Philippe Junot, Fernando Sánchez Dragó, Camilo José Cela Sean Connery, Judith Mascó, Luis del Olmo, Iñaki Gabilondo, Duke of Suarez, Pelé, Peter Strauss Yannick Noah, Simoneta Gómez-Acebo, Christina Onassis, Franz Beckembauer, Palomo Linares Ilie Nastase, Princess Sophia Habsburgo, Genne Hackman, Bob Monkhouse, Enrique Iglesias Bo Dereck, Tony Romminger, B.B. King, Christian Clavier, Antonio Banderas, Melanie Griffith,Blondie Ray Charles, José Carreras, George Benson, Miguel Bosé, Tom Jones, Gloria Gaynor, Frank Sinatra Jr. Paco de Lucía, Al Jarreau, Manhatan Transfer, Gérard Mortier, Maribel Verdú, Jorge Sanz, Vicario The Gypsy Kings, Emilio Sanchez, Yannick Noah, Boris Becker, Henri Leconte, Jim Courier, Jelena Yankovic Dionne Warwick, Van Morrisson, Grace Jones, Alexander O’Neal, Adrien Brody, Craig David, Serena Williams Guillermo Vilas, Luis Figo, Roberto Carlos, Zinedine Zidane, John McEnroe, Liza Minnelli, Lionel Richi
http://www.andalucia.org/es/eventos/concierto-de-montserrat-caballe-y-nikolay-baskov/ http://tenis-playa.arkinetia.com/blog/hotel-y-club-de-tenis-puente-romano/ http://www.puenteromano.com/aboutus-en.html http://www.puenteromano.com/location-en.html http://www.puenteromano.com/dining-en.html http://www.eltenedor.es/restaurante/bibo-dani-garcia-hotel-puente-romano/36353 http://www.eltenedor.es/restaurante/dani-garcia-hotel-puente-romano/34857 http://observaciongastronomica2.wordpress.com/2014/04/20/dani-garca-restaurante-hotel-puente-romano-marbella/ http://www.puenteromanotennis.com/facilities-en.html http://www.fundacionreinasofia.es/EN/proyecto_alzheimer/centro/Paginas/coste_economico.aspx