Hour Detroit cover - October 2013
|Former editors||Rebecca Powers|
|Categories||Local interest magazine|
|Company||Hour Media, Inc.|
|Based in||Metro Detroit|
Hour Detroit is a monthly city magazine covering the Metro Detroit area. The magazine uses a glossy oversized format and features content on restaurants, arts and entertainment, and trends in fashion and décor. It began publication in 1996 and is a member of the City and Regional Magazine Association (CRMA). In addition to the print edition, it has a subscription service available for the iPad.
- 2012 FOLIO's Ozzie Award: Best Use of Photography, Consumer Under 100,000 Circulation
- 2009 City and Regional Magazine Association General Excellence Award
- 2004 City and Regional Magazine Association General Excellence Silver Award
The company also publishes DBusiness, Detroit Home, and Metro Detroit Bride. The company formerly published Absolute magazine and New York Home. Hour Media's subsidiary Target Distribution handles in-room hotel distribution of Metro Detroit Guest and Resource Guide.
In 2005 Hour Media established New York Home, a bimonthly luxury home decor and design magazine. They acquired Absolute magazine, a publication focused on the luxury lifestyles of affluent New Yorkers, in 2006. Both New York Home and Absolute magazine have ceased publication. In 2013, Hour Media acquired Greenspring Media Group, publisher of Minnesota Monthly, from American Public Media Group.
- "Hour Detroit Magazine Has a New Editor: Steve Wilke". Deadline Detroit. March 28, 2013. Retrieved October 14, 2013.
- "Hour Detroit: Royal Oak, MI". City and Regional Magazine Association. Retrieved October 14, 2013.
- "Hour Detroit. (Journal, magazine, 1996)". WorldCat. Retrieved October 14, 2013.
- "CRMA Magazines". City and Regional Magazine Association. Retrieved October 14, 2013.
- "Advertise". Hour Detroit. Retrieved October 14, 2013.
- "Hour Detroit Magazine". Five Star Professional. Retrieved October 14, 2013.
- "Hour Detroit". FolioMag.com. December 4, 2012. Retrieved October 14, 2013.
- "Hour Detroit Wins General Excellence" (Press release). Hour Detroit. Retrieved October 14, 2013.
- "Winners of 19th Annual CRMA Awards Announced; Texas Monthly's Levy awarded R.R. Donnelley Lifetime Achievement Award" (Press release). Business Wire. June 15, 2004. Retrieved October 14, 2013.
- "Hour Media Publisher: Absolute Will Fold if No One Buys It". FolioMag.com. November 2, 2007. Retrieved October 14, 2013.
- Mickey, Bill. Hour Media Buys Publishing Assets from American Public Media Group. Foliomag.com. Retrieved 2014-06-29.