House M.D. Original Television Soundtrack
|House M.D. Original Television Soundtrack|
|Soundtrack album by Various Artists|
|Released||September 18, 2007|
House M.D. Original Television Soundtrack is a soundtrack album for the television series House. It was released on September 18, 2007 by Nettwerk Records. The soundtrack includes full length versions of songs featured in the show, such as "See the World" by Gomez, "Walter Reed" by Michael Penn and "Teardrop", the shows opening theme, performed by Massive Attack. It also featured songs that were recorded especially for the series that were not previously released, such as a cover of the Christina Aguilera song "Beautiful", by Elvis Costello and a cover of The Rolling Stones' "You Can't Always Get What You Want" by Band From TV, who covers Cab Calloway's "Minnie The Moocher".
Episode the song is featured in is listed in parentheses following title and artist
- "Teardrop" by Massive Attack* (song without vocals played in U.S. opening sequence)
- "See the World" by Gomez ("Half-Wit")
- "Walter Reed" by Michael Penn ("Fools for Love")
- "Beautiful" by Elvis Costello** ("Autopsy")
- "Dear God" by Sarah McLachlan**
- "Feelin' Alright" by Joe Cocker ("Detox")
- "Waiting on an Angel" by Ben Harper ("Lines in the Sand")
- "Got To Be More Careful" by Jon Cleary & the Absolute Monster Gentlemen ("Heavy")
- "God, Please Let Me Go Back" by Josh Rouse
- "Are You Alright?" by Lucinda Williams ("Fetal Position")
- "Good Man" by Josh Ritter ("Human Error")
- "You Can't Always Get What You Want" by Band From TV
- "Minnie the Moocher" by Band From TV***
The House, MD official television soundtrack was released on September 18, 2007 by Nettwerk Records. The CD included a performance by Band from TV, a band formed by actor Greg Grunberg, that features television actors singing and playing instruments for charity. Hugh Laurie, the lead actor of House is part of this band. The band was contacted by NBC in 2007 about performing on the soundtrack, to which they happily agreed.
Chad Grischow of IGN called the soundtrack "a decent collection of too much music you probably already have on your iPod", and stated that "You will be much happier if you pick apart the pieces you are missing and grab a few songs rather than the whole album". Grischow graded the soundtrack with a 6.9 on a ten scale.
- "House Gets A Soundtrack". IGN Music. 2007-08-14. Retrieved 2008-11-08.
- Claustro, Lisa (2007-09-04). "Get Ready for Some 'House' Music". BuddyTV. Retrieved 2008-11-08.
- "::::: BAND FROM TV :::::". Band From TV. Archived from the original on 2008-04-12. Retrieved 2008-04-13.
- "Making of Minnie The Moocher - House MD Soundtrack". AOL Time-Warner. Retrieved 2008-11-08.
- Chad Grischow (2007-10-23). "House M.D. Original TV Soundtrack". IGN Music. Retrieved 2008-11-08.