House of Blues
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012)|
|Industry||Live music, original folk art, and southern-inspired cuisine|
|Founded||November 26, 1992, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Isaac Tigrett and Dan Aykroyd - founders|
|Parent||Live Nation Entertainment, Inc.|
House of Blues Entertainment LLC is a chain of 13 live music concert halls and restaurants in major markets throughout the United States. House of Blues' first location, in Cambridge's Harvard Square, was opened in 1992 by Isaac Tigrett, co-founder of Hard Rock Cafe, and Dan Aykroyd, co-star of the 1980 film The Blues Brothers.
The first House of Blues opened on November 26, 1992, in the Harvard Square commercial district and retail area of Cambridge, Massachusetts. The company was originally financed by Dan Aykroyd, Aerosmith, Paul Shaffer, River Phoenix, James Belushi, and Harvard University, among others. This original location has since closed. However, the hands-in-concrete driveway where members of the Blues Brothers and others left their mark, still remains.
Aykroyd and Belushi remain associated with the brand and are present for most openings, attending and performing at the opening celebrations of both the Houston and the Boston House of Blues locations. In 1999, House of Blues acquired Universal Concerts from Seagram. On July 5, 2006, Live Nation acquired House of Blues. As a division of Live Nation, the company currently operates 12 clubs throughout North America, with its location in Atlantic City being franchised. Nine of these locations also feature the VIP membership club, Foundation Room.
Current locations include:
A location across from Centennial Olympic Park in downtown Atlanta also was put together in time for the 1996 Summer Olympics. It closed soon after and became The Tabernacle in 1998, in reference to its original use as a Baptist tabernacle.
- Live From the House of Blues, 1995 television series made in conjunction with the chain
- Live at House of Blues Dallas, a 2014 live concert film by the band Blue October.
- "Live Nation: About Us". Livenation.com. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "About House of Blues". Houseofblues.com. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "/ News / Boston Globe / Living / Arts / House of Blues in Cambridge to close; begins seeking new site". Boston.com. 2003-08-30. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- Seagram Plans to Sell Its Concerts Unit
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to House of Blues.|
- House of Blues official site
- House of Blues Hits Lansdowne
- House of Blues Studios - Recording studios in Nashville, Encino, and Memphis