House of Gold & Bones (comics)
||This article may be written from a fan's point of view, rather than a neutral point of view. (May 2013)|
House of Gold & Bones, the comic, is a limited edition four-issue mini-series created by writer Corey Taylor.
The series is published by Dark Horse Comics and is just one of several parts of the multi-faced transmedia narrative which collectively unravels the original story-based concept. Taylor's band Stone Sour based their two concept albums, House of Gold & Bones - Part 1 and House of Gold & Bones - Part 2 on the series, which express the story via a lyrical/musical avenue. The comic series is more telling and obvious in its presentation of an actual plot line for the House of Gold & Bones, introducing specific characters and delving into the concepts and ideas which the double album and other media outlets have so far, merely "hinted" at, yet have not exposed any substantial concrete imagery or a definitive plot line.
|Issue||Original cover artist||Variant cover artist||Release date|
|#1||Jason Shawn Alexander||Richard Clark||April 17, 2013|
|#2||Jason Shawn Alexander||Kyle Hotz||May 22, 2013|
|#3||Jason Shawn Alexander||Steve Morris||June 19, 2013|
|#4||Jason Shawn Alexander||Frank Quitely||July 31, 2013|
Each issue is scheduled to be released  in an original and alternate pressing, distinguished by cover art/artist.
At a signing Corey Taylor revealed that he has plans to turn the double album into a film; “Once we’ve toured and we’ve got the music out to everyone, the thing I really wanna do is have two movies — Part 1 and Part 2. With the comic and the story and the music, I think we’ll be able to do it. I already know who I wanna talk to about doing it, so we’ll see what happens.” 
Taylor has further said that he is looking at his and Shawn Crahan's new film production company Living Breathing Films to make the film.
- "House of Gold & Bones #1 (Jason Shawn Alexander cover)". Dark Horse. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
- "House of Gold & Bones #1 (Richard Clark variant cover)". Dark Horse. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
- "House of Gold & Bones #2 (Jason Shawn Alexander cover)". Dark Horse. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
- "House of Gold & Bones #2 (Kyle Hotz variant cover)". Dark Horse. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
- "Corey Taylor to Pen House of Gold and Bones Comic!". Dark Horse Blog. Dark Horse. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
|This Dark Horse Comics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|