House of Tarot
|House of Tarot|
|Developer(s)||Japan System Supply|
|Distribution||1-megabit Game Gear cartridge|
House of Tarot (タロットの館 Tarot no Yakata?) a tarot divination title where the player gets a tarot reading in Japanese using the Rider-Waite tarot cards. The game was published by Sega for a Japan-exclusive release.
Only one person can use it at a time but the computer-controlled tarot reader (appearing as a fortune teller) can provide unlimited readings for the player and his friends. Players can choose between two female and one male character provide the fortune telling.
A combination of hiragana and katakana for the Japanese characters helps provide a feeling to the tarot reading that is both mysterious and familiar at the same time. Unlike most Japanese tarot reading simulations that use the Celtic cross, House of Tarot uses the pentagram method of reading tarot cards.
- "Japan System Supply" (in Japanese). Game Developer Research Institute. Retrieved 2013-01-11.
- "Release information". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2009-03-30.
- "Japanese title/media information". SMS Power. Retrieved 2013-01-11.
- "Video game overview". Video Game Museum. Retrieved 2009-03-31.
- "Character summary" (in Japanese). Ameblo. Retrieved 2012-11-22.