From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A householder is a person who is the head of a household; see Household.
Householder is also a family name:
- Alston Scott Householder, American mathematician
- Larry Householder, American Republican politician
- Ronney Householder, late American racecar driver
- Paul Householder, Major League Baseball player and land baron.
Mathematical topics named after A.S. Householder:
- Householder transformation in geometry and linear algebra
- Householder's method for finding roots of equations
In a religious context:
- In Buddhism, "householder" (Pali, gahapati) often appears to be used synonymously for "layperson" in contrast to a Buddhist monastic (one who has "abandoned home").
- In Hinduism, according to the Laws of Manu, "householder" (grihastha) refers to the second of four stages (ashrama) of life, typified by marriage, children and financial stability. (Also see, Stages of life for a twice-born man.)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Householder.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
|This page or section lists people with the surname Householder. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|