|Stadium||BBVA Compass Stadium|
|Owner||Philip Anschutz (AEG)
Oscar de la Hoya, (Golden Boy Promotions)
Brener International Group, LLC
|President & Director||Chris Canetti & Brian Ching|
|Head Coach||Randy Waldrum|
|League||National Women's Soccer League|
|Website||Club home page|
On November 19, 2013, the Houston Dynamo began talks in the initial stages with the intention of bringing a top flight women's professional soccer franchise to Houston. Just a week later, the effort was bolstered when the Dynamo began accepting refundable deposits for a potential NWSL expansion team. On December 11, 2013, the National Women's Soccer League awarded the Houston Dynamo and the city of Houston an expansion franchise.
Team name, crest, and colors unveiled
During a press conference on December 12, 2013, Houston Dynamo President, Chris Canetti announced that the club would be named the Houston Dash and would share similar colors to the Dynamo: orange, black, and sky blue. The crest features a soccer ball along with the words "Houston Dash" with sky blue lines in the background. Of the expansion, Canetti said, "We are thrilled to have our very own NWSL franchise here in Houston. It is an important addition to our sports landscape and will bring added value to our community. We share the vision for this league and look forward to playing our part in making it a great success. Part of our responsibility is to grow the game of soccer, and this new team will play a significant role in that effort."
Ownership and team management
Houston Dash is owned by the same ownership group as the Dynamo. It is managed in majority by the original owners of the Dynamo, Anschutz Entertainment Group (who currently hold 50% of ownership), along with partners Gabriel Brener, head of Brener International Group, and multiple World and Olympic boxing champion Oscar De La Hoya (each with 25% ownership).
On December 23, 2013, Former Houston Dynamo player Brian Ching was named Managing Director, in charge of day-to-day duties on both the business and technical sides of under the supervision of Houston Dash and Dynamo team president Chris Canetti.
On January 3, 2014, Randy Waldrum was named as the Dash's first head coach, having previously coached the Notre Dame Fighting Irish women's soccer team to two national titles since joining the team in 1999.
The Dash play their games at BBVA Compass Stadium, a stadium opened in May 2012, that features a 22,000 seat capacity. For the team's inaugural season, 7,000 seats in the lower seating bowl are available for home games. When the stadium opened in 2012, it became the first soccer-specific stadium in Major League Soccer located in a city's downtown district.
Players and staff
As of November 10, 2014.
Senior club staff
- President of Business Operations: Chris Canetti
- Director: Brian Ching
- List of top-division football clubs in CONCACAF countries
- List of professional sports teams in the United States and Canada
- "Dynamo welcome NWSL expansion team: Houston Dash". Retrieved December 12, 2013.
- de Jesus Ortiz, Jose (November 19, 2013). "Dynamo pursue expansion franchise in women’s league". The Houston Chronicle. Retrieved December 12, 2013.
- Farley, Richard (November 21, 2013). "Houston Dynamo accepting refundable deposits for potential NWSL expansion team, and why it’s a no-brainer for the league". NBC Sports. Retrieved December 12, 2013.
- Berman, Mark (December 11, 2013). "Houston and Dynamo land National Women's Soccer League team". KRIV. Retrieved December 12, 2013.
- De La Hoya on the way to Dynamo, HoustonDynamo.com, February 26, 2008
- Brian Ching named Houston Dash managing director, Houston Dash Communications, December 23, 2013
- Dash hire highly-acclaimed coach from Notre Dame to be their first head coach, My FOX Houston, January 3, 2014
- Lauletta, Dan (December 12, 2013). "It’s official — Houston Dash to join NWSL for 2014". Equalizer Soccer. Retrieved December 12, 2013.
- Major League Soccer, L.L.C. "Dynamo Stadium 2012". Houston Dynamo. Retrieved August 3, 2011.
- "Players". Houston Dash. Retrieved April 28, 2014.