|Municipality of Belgium|
|• Mayor||Koen Volckaerts (N-VA)|
|• Governing party/ies||N-VA, Positief Hove , local independent.|
|• Total||5.99 km2 (2.31 sq mi)|
|Population (1 January 2012)|
|• Density||1,400/km2 (3,500/sq mi)|
Hove is a municipality located in the Belgian province of Antwerp. The municipality only comprises the town of Hove proper. On January 1, 2006 Hove had a total population of 8,307. The total area is 5.99 km² which gives a population density of 1,388 inhabitants per km².
A so-called gemeente, it lies approximately 9 km from the city of Antwerp, the capital of the province. It's a small community, and is said to be one of the most expensive areas in Belgium. Many people wil pay large sums of money to live there because it is one of the safest places in Belgium.
- Population per municipality on 1 January 2012 (XLS; 214 KB)
- (Dutch) Hove official website
- VAN DEN WEYGAERT Luc, "Hove in de wereld" (Hove in the world), Edit. Ouderits, Hove (Antwerp), 2010, 26 p.
- VAN DEN WEYGAERT Luc, "Hove, culturele en toeristische verkenningen", Edit. Ouderits, Hove (Antwerp), 2012, 24 p.
- VAN GYSEL Albert, "Bijdrage tot de geschiedenis van Hove" (The History of Hove), Edit. Jos Verheyen, Boechout (Antwerp), 1957, 80 p.
|This Antwerp location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|