How Can We Be Silent
|How Can We Be Silent|
|Studio album by BarlowGirl|
|Released||July 24, 2007|
|Genre||Christian rock, melodic rock|
|Producer||Otto Price, Lauren Barlow, Alyssa Barlow, Becca Barlow|
|Christian Music Today|||
|Jesus Freak Hideout|||
How Can We Be Silent is the third studio album from contemporary Christian band BarlowGirl. It was released on July 24, 2007. The CD came with a free bonus CD. The CD was also released in a special edition format that comes with a DVD that features all three of their music videos, over 90 minutes of bonus footage, and personal interviews with the band.
The album debuted at No. 40 on the U.S. Billboard 200 chart, and No. 1 on the Billboard's Top Christian Albums chart, selling about 18,000 copies in its first week. The album fell to No. 99 in its second week on the Billboard 200, selling another 7,000 copies.
- Alyssa Barlow and Lauren Barlow share lead vocals in the band. The main lead singer of each song is noted below:
All songs written and composed by BarlowGirl.
|1.||"Song for the Broken"||Alyssa||3:58|
|2.||"I Believe in Love"||Alyssa||5:19|
|3.||"Here's My Life"||Alyssa||5:51|
|7.||"One More Round"||Lauren||3:39|
|8.||"Take My Chances"||Lauren||3:20|
|9.||"The Guy Song"||Lauren||3:05|
|10.||"I Don't Regret"||Alyssa||3:52|
- Take My Chances (Acoustic) Regular Guitar and not the Electric
- I Don't Regret (Acoustic)
Have You Heard the Word free preview
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (January 2014)|
Before the album's release, a free preview of How Can We Be Silent was available at HaveYouHeardTheWord.com. Beginning May 21, a new song was added every Monday leading up to the official release.
How Can We Be Slient got mixed reviews. Allmusic gave it 2½ out of 5 stars for its "gothic" likeness and for having "noisy, cluttered multi-segmented songs." David Sessions from Patrol Magazine was equally critical of the album, giving it a 4.7 out of 10 rating and calling the album "an unvaried ruckus".
In 2008, the album was nominated for a Dove Award for Rock/Contemporary Album of the Year at the 39th GMA Dove Awards. The song "Million Voices" was also nominated for Rock Recorded Song of the Year.
- About.com review
- Allmusic review
- CMCentral.com (now CCM Magazine) review at the Wayback Machine (archived August 20, 2008)
- Christian Music Today review
- Cross Rhythms review
- Jesus Freak Hideout review
- Patrol Magazine review
- Katie Hasty, "'NOW 25' Fends Off 'Hairspray,' Prince To Remain No. 1", Billboard.com, August 1, 2007.
- Nominations Announced for 39th GMA Dove Awards on CBN.com (February 14, 2008)