How Old Are You
|How Old Are You|
Theatrical Release Poster
|Directed by||Rosshan Andrrews|
|Produced by||Listin Stephen|
|Written by||Bobby Sanjay|
|Screenplay by||Bobby Sanjay|
|Music by||Gopi Sunder|
|Edited by||Mahesh Narayanan|
|Distributed by||Central Pictures|
|Running time||141 minutes|
How Old Are You is a 2014 Malayalam drama film directed by Rosshan Andrrews, written by Bobby Sanjay and produced by Listin Stephen under the banner of Magic Frames. It stars Manju Warrier in the lead role along with Kunchako Boban, Kanika, Lalu Alex and Amritha Anil. Manju Warrier plays the character of Nirupama Rajeev, a UD clerk in Revenue Department. The film released on May 17, 2014 and earned positive reviews from critics. The film is a superhit at the Box Office
A 36 year-old Nirupama Rajeev (played by Manju Warrier) is a UD clerk in the Revenue Department. The role of her husband is played by Kunchako Boban as Rajeev Narayanan. They will be seen together for the first time. Her husband Rajeev aspires to emigrate to Ireland, but she cant accompany him as most Irish companies turn down her job applications. There is nothing interesting about her life; she leads a mundane life but she craves for change.
One dramatic day, she has been summoned to the IG's office and she learns that The President of India would like to have a conversation with her. Unfortunately, the meeting turns out to be a disaster and she become the butt of Facebook jokes and before long, she watches haplessly as her husband and daughter fly away to Ireland.
Her old classmate Susan David (Kanika), now a successful business woman, reminds her of the woman she used to be and inspires her to rediscover her younger self, a woman with big dreams and aspirations. Nirupama finds herself face to face with almost every situation that an average Malayali woman of her age goes through - from the dread of the fast approaching formidable age of forty, her inability to rise up to her daughter's expectations and the she discomfiture of her husband being mistaken for her younger brother.
The movie focuses on patriarchal society's obsession with attaching gender and age specific stereotypes to women.
- Manju Warrier as Nirupama Rajeev
- Kunchacko Boban as Rajeev
- Amritha Anil as Lekshmi Rajeev ( Daughter of Nirupama Rajeev)
- Kanika as Susan
- Vinay Forrt as Jayachandran
- Muthumani as Sashikala
- Siddhartha Basu as Indian President
- Lalu Alex as I. G.
- Kunchan as Rajeev's father
- Kalaranjini as Rajeev's mother
- Vanitha Krishnachandran as Nirupama's mother
- Thesni Khan as Rani
- Idavela Babu as superintendent
- Prem Prakash as Sebastian sir
- Devan as Seetharama Iyer
- Suraj Venjaramoodu as Benny
- Sudheer Karamana
- Sethulakshmi as Madhaviyamma
- Vaishak Uthaman as the Official IT Staff, Kochi Police
- Jayakrishnan as Mohan ( District Collector)
- Shankar Ramakrishnan as Minister
- Jayaraj Warrier
- Sreerag Nambiar
- Jayesh Pazhanimala as Nirupama's friend
The film received mixed to positive reviews from critics. Sify.com's reviewer rated the film 2 in a scale of 5 and said, "Just like the 2012 Bollywood film English Vinglish that marked the return of Sridevi, director Rosshan Andrrews’s How Old Are You brings back the terrific Manju Warrier, who stayed away from the movies for 14 years." Veeyen of Nowrunning.com was all praise for the film and stated that "Roshan Andrews in his film 'How Old Are You' takes us along on a woman's quest to unearth her long buried identity. Armed with a bravura performance by Manju Warrier, this superbly acted and emotionally engaging drama is a keeper of a film, and quite an impressive one at that." Sharika C of The Hindu was all praise for the film. The reviewer concluded by saying, "A must-watch, the film is also her [Manju Warrier's] way of making a statement – that age does not matter and you are never too old to chase your dreams. Ab ki baar, Manju Warrier!" Paresh C Palicha of Rediff.com rated the film 3/5 and said, "How Old Are You is a good watch not just because it is the comeback film of Manju Warrier, but also because it has got a good story to tell." The film is a superhit at the Box Office
|How Old Are You|
|Soundtrack album by Gopi Sundar|
MalayalamLabel Muzik 247
|Gopi Sundar chronology|
The soundtrack and background score will be composed by Gopi Sunder. There are two songs in the movie, out of which one is played during the title cards. 'Vijanathayil' is sung by Shreya Ghoshal.
- "How Old Are You? Malayalam Movie - Preview, Trailers, Gallery, Review, Events, Synopsis". Nowrunning.com. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
- "Manju to ask 'How Old are you' ? - Malayalam Movie News". Indiaglitz.com. 2013-09-26. Retrieved 2014-02-03.
- Roshith, Sivalakshmi. "How Old Are You: Unveiling the Male-Female Bond". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2014-06-12.
- "How Old Are You Review - Malayalam Movie Review by Veeyen". Nowrunning.com. 2014-05-19. Retrieved 2014-06-12.
- "How Old Are You Movie Review". Metromatinee.com. 2014-05-17. Retrieved 2014-06-12.
- Sharika C (2014-05-18). "Return of the heroine". The Hindu. Retrieved 2014-06-12.
- "How Old Are You Malayalam Movie - Preview, Trailers, Gallery, Review, Events, Synopsis". Nowrunning.com. 2014-05-17. Retrieved 2014-06-12.
- "Movie Review : 'How Old Are You'" Retrieved 21 May 2014.
- "Return of the heroine".
- "Review: How Old Are You is impressive - Rediff.com Movies". Rediff.com. 2014-05-19. Retrieved 2014-06-12.
- "How Old Are You ?  | ഹൗ ഓൾഡ് ആർ യൂ ? ". Msidb.org. 2014-05-17. Retrieved 2014-06-12.
- "Vijanathayil Pathi Vazhi Thedunnu". YouTube. Retrieved 2014-06-12.
|This article about a Malayalam film of the 2010s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|