How Ya Like Me Now
|How Ya Like Me Now|
|Studio album by Kool Moe Dee|
|Released||December 8, 1987|
|Producer||M. Dewese, Teddy Riley, Lavaba Mallison, Pete Q. Harris, Bryan "Chuck" New|
|Kool Moe Dee chronology|
Kool Moe Dee was an original member of The Treacherous Three. He had a long running feud with LL Cool J releasing various "diss tracks" at his adversary. On the cover, there is LL Cool J's red Kangol hat under a front wheel of the Jeep Wrangler in the backdrop.
In 1996, Nas references the album in the chorus of "I Gave You Power," from his second album It Was Written, a song where Nas plays an anthropomorphized gun. The chorus lyrics are "How you like me now? I go blaow, it's the shit that moves crowds, makin' every ghetto foul."
In 2008, the title track "How Ya Like Me Now" was ranked number 31 on VH1's 100 Greatest Hip Hop Songs.
In 2009, the newly elected chairman of the Republican National Committee, Michael Steele, seemed to reference Kool Moe Dee in comments addressed to President Barack Obama: "I would say to the new president, congratulations. It is going to be an honor to spar with him. And I would follow that up with: How do you like me now?"
Also in 2009, "How Ya Like Me Now" appeared in DJ Hero.
Track listing 
- "How Ya Like Me Now" (samples "Papa's Got A Brand New Bag" by James Brown)
- "Wild Wild West"
- "Way Way Back" (samples "Troglodite" by the Jimmy Castor Bunch)
- "50 Ways" (samples "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover" by Paul Simon)
- "No Respect" (samples "Respect" by Aretha Franklin)
- "Don't Dance"
- "I'm A Player" (samples "Shifting Gears" by Johnny Hammond)
- "Rock You"
- "Get Paid"
Later Samples 
- "Wild Wild West"
- "No Respect"
- Allmusic review
- "RIAA Gold & Platinum Database". 1988-11-14. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- Nagourney, Adam. [New Face of G.O.P. Brings a Brash Style]http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/04/us/politics/03web-nagourney.html, February 3, 2009.
|This 1980s hip hop album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|