How to Destroy Angels (album)
|How to Destroy Angels|
|EP by How to Destroy Angels|
|Released||June 1, 2010|
|Genre||Post-industrial, experimental, electronica|
|Label||The Null Corporation - SIGIL 2|
|Producer||How to Destroy Angels|
|How to Destroy Angels chronology|
|One Thirty BPM||(67%)|
|The Second Supper|||
|Fine Print Magazine||(45%)|
How to Destroy Angels is the debut extended play by post-industrial group How to Destroy Angels. The six-song EP was released as a free download via the band's website on June 1, 2010, and a retail CD was released on July 6, 2010. A "Hi-Def Upgrade" was also available, with higher quality audio and the music video for the song "The Space in Between", while "A Drowning" was officially released as a single.
As with many of Trent Reznor's official releases, each is designated with a unique name and number. This release is "SIGIL 02".
The EP is included as bonus tracks on the iTunes release of their debut album Welcome Oblivion.
The artwork for the release was created by Mark Weaver, under art direction by Rob Sheridan. Sheridan stated that the choice for Weaver was to make the release as visually distinct as possible from Nine Inch Nails.
The physical and digital EP both came with different artwork, for no reason explained by the band.
- The song "Fur Lined" was used in episode 7 ("Clawback") of the second season of television show Nikita.
- "The Believers" was used in the 2011 film Limitless and is also featured on the soundtrack.
- "The Space in Between" was featured in the promo for the TV series Hannibal.
|1.||"The Space in Between"||3:35|
Written, arranged, produced, performed and art directed by How to Destroy Angels.
- How To Destroy Angels:
- Mixed by Alan Moulder
- Engineering: Blumpy
- Mastering: Tom Baker
- "How to Destroy Angels - How to Destroy Angels". Allmusic.
- "Album Reviews: How To Destroy Angels: How To Destroy Angels EP". One Thirty BPM.
- "Album Reviews: How to Destroy Angels: How to Destroy Angels". Pitchfork Media.
- "How to Destroy Angels". The Second Supper.
- "Album Reviews: How to Destroy Angels: How to Destroy Angels". Fine Print Magazine.
- "rob-sheridan comments on I Am Rob Sheridan, Creative Director for Nine Inch Nails. AMA". Reddit.