How to Train Your Dragon 2
|How to Train Your Dragon 2|
|Based on||How to Train Your Dragon
by Cressida Cowell
|Music by||John Powell|
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox|
How to Train Your Dragon 2 is an upcoming 2014 American 3D computer-animated fantasy action film by DreamWorks Animation loosely based on the English 2003 book of the same name by Cressida Cowell. It is the sequel to the 2010 computer-animated film How to Train Your Dragon. The film is being directed by Dean DeBlois. It stars the voices of Jay Baruchel, Gerard Butler, Craig Ferguson, America Ferrera, Jonah Hill, T.J. Miller, Kristen Wiig and Christopher Mintz-Plasse. The film is currently scheduled to be released on June 20, 2014.
- Jay Baruchel as Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III. The sophisticated and brilliant teenage son of the Viking chief, Hiccup plans to become a Viking warrior. Unfortunately, in the crude world of the Vikings, Hiccup's slight build, rebellious determination, and sarcastic sense of humor make him a social outcast. His best friend and dragon is Toothless, a Night Fury.
- Gerard Butler as Stoick the Vast, the chieftain of the Viking tribe and Hiccup's father. Immensely strong, utterly fearless, and a fierce warrior, he embodies the traditional Viking virtues. He does not understand his child, having little in common with him, but eventually realizes that Hiccup is an impressively powerful and resourceful warrior in his own way.
- Craig Ferguson as Gobber the Belch, a close friend of Stoick's and the seasoned warrior appointed to drill the new recruits. He runs a blacksmith shop where Hiccup is his apprentice. Gobber believes in "learning on the job" and dispenses questionable advice. He also acts as the bridge between Hiccup and Stoick. He is missing his right foot and his left hand, the latter of which he has replaced with a variety of specialized prosthetics.
- America Ferrera as Astrid Hofferson. Striking, energetic and tough, Astrid is a teenage embodiment of the Viking way. Her competitive, determined personality makes her hard to impress.
- Christopher Mintz-Plasse as Fishlegs Ingerman. Fishlegs normally acts nervous and frightened, but has an inexhaustible arsenal of facts and expresses his knowledge in role-playing game terms. He has memorized the manual of dragons, saying he has read it seven times.
- Jonah Hill as Snotlout Jorgenson, one of Hiccup's dragon-training classmates and Hiccup's cousin. Snotlout is brash, overconfident, and fairly unintelligent. He also has an interest in Astrid and makes several (unsuccessful) attempts to impress her.
- T. J. Miller and Kristen Wiig as Tuffnut and Ruffnut Thorston. The fraternal twins are thugs with ferocious intents and foul tempers, especially regarding each other.
- Kit Harington as a villain
How to Train Your Dragon 2, was confirmed on April 27, 2010. The film is being written and directed by Dean DeBlois, the co-director of the first film. Bonnie Arnold, the producer of the first film, is also returning, with Chris Sanders, who co-directed the first film, only exec-producing this time due to his involvement with The Croods. The film is scheduled for release on June 20, 2014. It was announced that the entire original voice cast – Baruchel, Butler, Ferguson, Ferrera, Hill, Mintz-Plasse, Miller and Wiig – would return for the sequel. Composer John Powell, who had earned an Academy Award nomination for the first score, will also return for the second and third film.
An interview with Dean DeBlois revealed this about the sequel: "At the end of last film, all these Vikings who were previously somewhat landlocked are now on the backs of dragons so the entire Northern Hemisphere opens up to them. And with that Hiccup’s curiosity increases, the map expands and inevitably they are going to come across new dragons, new cultures."
See also 
- "Gerard Butler Interview, Movies Online".
- "Nadder, Zippleback and Gronckle Lessons From 'How to Train Your Dragon'". Lineboil. February 17, 2010. Retrieved February 17, 2010.
- Sneider, Jeff (June 19, 2012). "Harington joining 'How to Train Your Dragon 2'". Variety. Retrieved June 20, 2012.
- Bond, Paul (2010-04-27). "Train Your Dragon’ sequel in the works". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2010-04-27.
- Giardina, Carolyn (February 7, 2011). "Details of 'How to Train Your Dragon' Sequel Revealed". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved September 8, 2011.
- "DreamWorks Animation Announces Feature Film Release Slate Through 2014" (Press release). DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. 2011-03-08. Retrieved 2011-03-08.
- "More How to Train Your Dragon Sequel Details". ComingSoon.net. October 11, 2010. Retrieved October 11, 2010.
- V., Erin (April 2, 2012). "Interview: Dean DeBlois, director of ‘How To Train Your Dragon’". One Movie, Five Reviews. Retrieved April 21, 2012.
- Nasrulla, Amber (February 24, 2011). "Toothless in How To Tame Your Dragon based on a tabby cat". Retrieved June 3, 2012.
- Official website
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 at the Internet Movie Database
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 at AllRovi
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 at Rotten Tomatoes
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 at Metacritic
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 at Box Office Mojo