Howard 100 News
|Running time||Noon update: 5 minutes
Hourly update: 5 minutes
A Week in Review: 1 hour
|Home station||Howard 100 and Howard 101|
|Air dates||since October 19, 2005|
Howard 100 News is a radio news team established by American radio personality Howard Stern. The group was formed in October 2005 following Stern's announced move from regular radio to Sirius Satellite Radio in 2006. Howard 100 News broadcasts an hourly summary about stories related to Stern, his radio show, and those associated with it, on Howard 100 and Howard 101.
On October 6, 2004, Stern announced the signing of a five-year contract with Sirius Satellite Radio starting from January 2006. The move followed a crackdown on perceived indecency in broadcasting that occurred following the controversy surrounding the Super Bowl XXXVIII halftime show in February. The incident prompted tighter control over content by station owners and managers, leading to Stern feeling "dead inside" creatively. The five-year deal allowed Stern to produce up to three channels on Sirius with a $100 million per year budget for all production, staff and programming costs including the construction of a dedicated studio.
Launch and original team 
Howard 100 and Howard 101 went live for the first time on September 29, 2005, initially broadcasting silence. As Stern was still under contract with Infinity Broadcasting until January 1, 2006, he could not broadcast any material from the two channels, or talk on its airwaves. Howard 100 News aired its first newscasts on October 19, including radio personality Bubba the Love Sponge interviewing Stern's former writer Jackie Martling. The original team consisted of 17 professional journalists, including Lisa Glasberg, Steve Langford and Jessica Ettinger, better known as Erica Phillips. Just days after being fired from WNYW, reporter Penny Crone was hired to work for Howard 100 News.
The team now 
In June 2006, some of the Howard 100 News members were let go. Stern said that this was because it needed downsizing. News director Liz Aiello departed to become the vice president and general manager of Martha Stewart Living Radio on Sirius. Erica Phillips, who also worked at CBS News under her real name, became news director before assuming program director duties at other Sirius channels. Reporters Penny Crone and George Flowers left the team January 2007 due to budget cuts.
The team 
- Lisa Glasberg
- Shuli Egar
- Jon Leiberman
- Ralph Howard
- Michael "High Pitch Mike" Morales
- Brad Driver (news director since December 2006)
- Liz Aiello (Oct 05 - Aug 06)
- Erica Phillips (Oct 05 - Nov 06)
- Mike Piazza (Oct 05 - Jun 06)
- Phil Iazzetta (Oct 05 - Jun 06)
- Michelle Jerson (Oct 05 - Jun 06)
- Penny Crone (Oct 05 - Jan 07)
- George Flowers (Oct 05 - Jan 07)
- Steve Juchnevcius
- James Kouledianos
- Lou Pelligrino
- Lisa Zerbo
- Steve Langford
- Kaplan, Jason (October 6, 2004). "Howard To Sirius Satellite In '06 - Predicts End Of Broadcast Radio!". howardstern.com. Retrieved August 20, 2010.
- Kurtz, Howard (December 11, 2005). "Stern On Satellite: A Bruised Flower, Blossoming Anew". The Washington Post. Retrieved September 18, 2009.
- "Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. 8-K For 10/1/04". SEC Info. October 1, 2004. Retrieved March 25, 2010.
- "Sounds Of Silence As Howard Stern Channel Launches On Sirius". FMQB. September 29, 2005. Retrieved January 10, 2011.
- "Howard Stern Channel Debuts "Howard 100 News"". FMQB. October 19, 2005. Retrieved January 10, 2011.
- Kaplan, Jason (October 20, 2005). "Isn't He Wonderful". HowardStern.com. Retrieved January 10, 2011.
- Huff, Richard (January 6, 2006). "Stern's news is Pennywise". New York Daily News. Retrieved January 10, 2011.
- "New York News, Traffic, Sports, Weather, Photos, Entertainment, and Gossip - NY Daily News". Daily News (New York).[dead link]
- "New York Arts - NYC Entertainment News - NY Daily News". Daily News (New York). April 1, 2011.[dead link]
- Today on the Howard 100 News
- Howard 100 Channel Guide
- Howard Stern’s Official Website
- Sirius Website
- Stern Fan Network