Dr. Howard T. Bellin is an author, inventor, plastic surgeon and director of CosMedica, a plastic surgery center in New York.
Dr. Howard Bellin obtained his Bachelor's degree from Amherst College in 1957. Bellin went on to medical school at New York Medical College and graduated in 1962. From this he obtained an internship with the University of California Hospital to begin his career in cosmetic surgery.
Howard Bellin was born to Maurice Bellin and Etta Bellin. His family lived in Passaic Clifton and then South Orange, New Jersey. In 1964 Howard Bellin married Christina Paolozzi, a model, and daughter to Alice Spaulding and Count Lorenzo Paolozzi. Howard Bellin and his wife were known for their extravagant parties attended by a variety of glamorous personalalities that included Jacob K. Javits and Zsa Zsa Gabor. The Bellins divorced in 1982. Dr. Bellin has three children, Cheryl Blanchard, Marco Bellin and the director and screenwriter Andy Bellin.
Dr. Bellin began his general surgery residency at the Metropolitan Hospital in New York for three years. In 1966 he joined the United States Air Force medical Corps and was stationed at Homestead Air Force Base, Florida. After his duty he returned to New York in 1968 to join the Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center for his plastic surgery residency. In the following years he was an instructor at Columbia College of Physicians and Surgeons and New York Medical College. Dr. Howard Bellin started his own practice, Cosmedica in New York and has performed over 11,000 operations in his medical career.
Howard Bellin has written two books. "Dr. Bellin's Beautiful You Book" published in 1980 by Prentice-Hall that describes various plastic surgery procedures. Bellin's second book, "BeautyScience" was published by Metropublish Ltd in 2000 and provides advice on cosmetic surgery.
Dr. Howard T. Bellin holds 8 American patents in his name, as well as a few in Germany. Howard Bellin's first patent was a Portable EKG monitoring device, accredited to himself, Donald Fellner and Nichan Tchorbajian.
List of Inventions
- US 4546776 "Portable EKG monitoring device"
- US 5448996 ”Patient Monitor Sheets”
- US 5003983 “Cardiac Monitoring System”
- US 5107849 “System and method for Cancellation”
- US 20040127985 ”Non-rotating breast implant“
- US 5440177 ”Integrated auto-theft prevention system”
- US 7544375 ”Composition”
- American Board of Plastic Surgery (Diplomat)
- National Board of Medical Examiners (Diplomat)
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- International Congress of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons
- New York Academy of Medicine (Fellow) 
- New York County Medical Society
- New York State Medical Society
- American Medical Association
- Pan-American Medical Association
- New York Academy of Science
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- American Academy of Physician Inventors
- Institute of Ecosystem Studies (Scientific Advisory Committee)
Dr. Howard Bellin has been featured on many national television programs, including Oprah, Geraldo, Extra, CNN, MTV and 20/20. He has provided expert commentary for a variety of publications including the New York Times, in which he offers his medical expertise and experience in the cosmetic surgery practice.
- May 5, 2002. "Deaths Feldman, Etta Bellin", The New York Times Company. Retrieved 2010-02-10.
- April 29, 1988. "Christina P. Bellin, 49, Former Model, Is Dead", The New York Times Company.
- "U.S. Patent 4,546,776". patft.uspto.gov. Retrieved 2010-02-03.
- New York Academy of Medicine (December 10, 2002). "New Fellows Elected at Annual Meeting" New York Academy of Medicine. Retrieved 2010-02-05
- Spragins, Ellyn (March 2, 2003). "LOVE & MONEY; A Makeover Can Be More Than Skin Deep" The New York Times Company. Retrieved 2010-02-03.
- Bardach, Ann Louise (April 17, 1988). "THE DARK SIDE OF PLASTIC SURGERY" The New York Times Company. Retrieved 2010-02-03.
- Morgan, Sonja (April 29, 2010). "Forget, But Don't Forgive" The Real Housewives of New York City. Retrieved 2010-30-04.