||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2008)|
|Howard L. Lance|
|Born||December 15, 1955
East Peoria, Illinois
Howard L. Lance (born December 15, 1955 in East Peoria, Illinois) is an Executive Advisor at The Blackstone Group. He retired as Chairman of the board, President and Chief Executive Officer of Harris Corporation on December 31, 2011. He was appointed by Harris' Board of Directors on January 20, 2003 to replace Phillip W. Farmer. William H. Brown became Harris' new President and Chief Executive Officer on November 1, 2011.
Previous Work Experience
Before joining Harris, Mr. Lance was president of NCR Corporation and chief operating officer of its Retail and Financial Group. Previously, he spent 17 years with Emerson Electric Co., where he held a number of senior management positions including executive vice president of its Electronics and Telecommunications segment; chief executive officer and director of its Astec PLC electronics subsidiary in Hong Kong; group vice president of its Climate Technologies business segment; and president of its Copeland Refrigeration division.
Earlier, Mr. Lance held sales and marketing assignments with the Scott-Fetzer Company and Caterpillar Inc. where he began his career in an engineering co-op program. He earned an M.S. degree in management from the Krannert Graduate School of Management at Purdue University and a B.S. degree in industrial engineering from Bradley University.
- Lance received AeA's Abacus Award as Florida's High-Tech Exec of the Year in January 2006.
- Lance was Named "Best Chairman" at Fourth Annual American Business Awards in June 2006.
- Lance received honorary doctor of science degrees from the University of Central Florida and the University of Florida.
- Lance Interviewed on Bloomberg Television - June 12, 2006
- Lance Interviewed on Bloomberg Television - August 20, 2009
- Lance interviewed on CNBC Power Lunch - October 1, 2009
- , UCF Staff