||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2011)|
Howard Oliver Drinkwater Read is a British comedian, animator and aspiring song writer best known for his work with his animated sidekick, Little Howard. His other creations include an angry manager with a conversational style and the worldview of Bernard Manning, Roger T Pigeon, and H:BOT 2000, a robot from the future. Each of these characters interact with both Big Howard and each other.
Howard Read is also known for his on-stage human Guess Who? act: the audience guesses who he has drawn on a large pad of paper, sitting down as their questions exclude those of a certain appearance until only one person is left standing.
In 1993, Howard Read invented NikNakNoodles - an amalgamation of Golden Wonder's Pot Noodle and Golden Wonder's other oddly-flavoured product, Nik Naks. Unfortunately the product was never mass-produced.
Read is a regular contributor to Robin Ince's Book Club.
Little Howard is a sketched cartoon child aged 6 who is a "standing-up comedian". He appears on a laptop or projection screen except on his own TV show, interacting either with Big Howard, the audience, or with other animated characters (including the pigeon Roger, his manager, and H:BOT 2000 (named as MOTHER on Little Howard's Big Question), a funny robot from the future). He is adept at interrupting Big Howard, dealing with hecklers and doing tarot readings with a pack of Top Trumps. His favourite food is fish and chips and he is currently learning the ukulele.
Edinburgh Festival Fringe
- 2004 "Celebdaq" (BBC Choice/BBC3)
- 2005 "The World Stands Up" (Paramount Comedy/BBC America)
- 2005-06 Two Posh Old Men (UKTV G2)
- 2006 "Stairlift To Heaven" (CBBC/BBC1)
- 2007 Comedy Cuts (ITV2)
- 2007 The Royal Variety Performance (ITV1)
- 2009 Little Howard's Big Question (BBC1/CBBC/BBC2)
- 2002 Words and Pictures
- 2003 The Big Howard and Little Howard Show
- 2004 At Home With The Howards
- 2005 The Little Howard Appeal
- 2005 2005 Comeback Special
- 2007 Little Howard And The Magic Pencil Of Life And Death
- 2011 Aladdin
- 2012 Little Howard's Big Show
- 2013 Howard Read - Hide and Speak
- 2005 The Milk Run (Radio 1)
- 2007 An A-Z Of The British Countryside (BBC 7)
- 2007 Peacefully In Their Sleeps (Radio 4)
- "Howard Read: 2005 Comeback Special - Description". Chortle.co.uk. Retrieved 2009-05-15.
|This article relating to an animator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|