|Birth name||Howard Beno Jr.|
|Origin||Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA|
|Genres||Pop, Dance, Rock, Industrial|
Howie Beno is a producer, mixing engineer, audio engineer and composer born in Bridgeport, Connecticut and currently based in New York City. He has worked with a wide range of artists in various genres, such as Tom Jones, Dionne Warwick, Depeche Mode, Blondie and a long series of rock and industrial bands, including Ministry.
After graduating from Fairfield College Preparatory School and the Wheaton College Conservatory of Music. Beno began his career as a programmer at Chicago Trax Studios working with the band Ministry, on the album Psalm 69, and helped program and edit a remix for the multi-platinum Red Hot Chili Peppers single, Give It Away. Alongside contributing to a number of various Wax Trax! releases, he was the original producer and co-writer for Stella Soleil on the independent Chicago release Drown Me In You. As half of the Grace Productions team with Jeff "Critter" Newell, among the numerous records and remixes they collaborated on were Grace Jones, Sheep on Drugs, Monster Voodoo Machine and Skrew. He also appeared has musician on various albums,.and is founder and vocalist/ multi-instrumentalist for the industrial rock band 13mg.
In 1998, after signing a publishing contract with Windswept Pacific, Beno moved to New York, opened a studio and set up as a producer, engineer and remixer. In addition, with guitarist producer John McCurry, began work in the advertising world on the music production and mixing of television commercials and their side project Kill Lizzie. A close working relationship with Loud Records provided a foothold into a number of experimental rock remixes for hiphop artists Xzibit, Three Six Mafia, M.O.P. and the Xecutioners and he coproduced the first Stereomud record Perfect Self. He also continued producing, mixing and engineering for bands and solo artists. This includes engineering and mixing stints with both producers Michael Mangini and Sam Hollander which led to working with Katy Perry, the Jonas Brothers, Mika, We The Kings and Big Time Rush among many others.
Howie Beno co-produced several tracks on the Stella Soleil Soularium album, recorded for Universal Records in 1997- 1998 at Peter Gabriel's Real World Studios in England.He also worked at Ashtowngate Studios in Ireland with the band Blink, whose album "Deep Inside the Sound of Sadness" became Billboard Magazine's Album of the Month upon its release. When it was time to complete MOTOR’s “Man Made Machine” (CLR), they asked Howie Beno to handle the mixing duties. This record produced a number of singles featuring guest appearances by Martin L Gore, Gary Numan and Douglas McCarthy. 2013 saw the completion of the Prude album “Dark Age of Consent” in London, the mixing of Dermot Lambert’s solo album “Tiny” in Dublin and New York and the mixing and release of Dearworld’s (Netherlands) album “Observe, Absorb, Evolve”. His adjunct partnership with Bryan Black in Black Asteroid saw the release of 3 EP’s (CLR and ELDX records)- “Engine” (2011), “Black Acid” (2012) and “Metal” (2013) as well as Black Asteroid remixes for Depeche Mode, Bloody Beetroots and Graham Coxon.
- Blondie - Good Boys Single - (Programmer)
- Depeche Mode - Soothe My Soul Black Asteroid Remix - (Addnl Production, Mixer)
- Dionne Warwick-"Only Trust Your Heart" Album - (Engineer, Mixer)
- Ministry - Psalm 69 - (Programmer, CoWriter)
- 13mg - "Trust and Obey" Album - (Producer, Performer, Writer, Mixer)
- Three Six Mafia - "Tongue Ring" Remix - (Remixer)
- Tom Jones - "24 Hours" Album - (Engineer, Mixer)
- Xzibit - "X" remixes - (Remixer)
- Black Asteroid - "Engine" and "Black Acid" EPs - (Addnl Production, Mixer)
- Big Time Rush - BTR album - (Vocal Engineer)
- Jonas Brothers - "Time for me to fly" single - (Engineer)
- Stereomud - Perfect Self - (Producer, String Arranger, Engineer)
- Grace Jones - Sex Drive (song) Remix - (Remixer)
- We the Kings - Smile Kid - (Engineer)
- MOTOR - "Man Made Machine" - (Addnl Production, Mixer)
- Material Issue - "Freak City Soundtrack" - (Digital Editor)
- From AllMusic.com H. Beno Accessed 13 June 2013
- "More Than Before". Jive Magazine. 2001-02-01.
- "More Than Before". Jive Magazine. 2001-02-01.
- "Stereomud: Perfect Self (Loud Records)". Mix magazine. 2001-08-01.
- From AllMusic.com Howie Beno Accessed 13 June 2013
- From AllMusic.com Howie Bend Accessed 13 June 2013
- From AllMusic.com Man Made Machine Accessed 13 June 2013
- Black Asteroid official website Accessed 13 June 2013
- Howie Beno selected discography Accessed 13 June 2013
- HowieBeno.com (Official site - discography, etc.)
- Ministry - Psalm 69
- (Recordproduction.com - profile page)
- Official Kill Lizzie site
- Kill Lizzie (MySpace fansite)
- Fanimation short for Kill Lizzie
- Discogs.com Howie Beno
- All Music.com Howie Bend
- All Music.com Howie Beno
- All Music.com H. Beno
- All Music.com H. Benno
- All Music.com Ice Ice Beno
- All Music.com Ice Ice Howie