Hozat (Ottoman Turkish: خوزات, Ottoman Turkish: درسم Dersim, Kurdish: Xozat, Zazaki: Xozat) is a small city and its surrounding district in Dersim Province of Turkey. It has a population of 4,714. The mayor is Celaleddin Polat (CHP). Former name of district of Hozat was kaza of Dersim.
In the 10th century, it was known as Chozanon (Greek: Χόζανον), and formed a thema after its conquest by the Byzantine Empire shortly after 938.
- ^ "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- ^ "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- ^ Tahir Sezen, Osmanlı Yer Adları (Alfabetik Sırayla), T.C. Başbakanlık Devlet Arşivleri Genel Müdürlüğü, Yayın Nu 21, Ankara, p. 240.
- ^ Tahir Sezen, Osmanlı Yer Adları (Alfabetik Sırayla), T.C. Başbakanlık Devlet Arşivleri Genel Müdürlüğü, Yayın Nu 21, Ankara, p. 146.
- ^ Oikonomides, Nicolas (1972). Les Listes de Préséance Byzantines des IXe et Xe Siècles (in French). Paris, France: Editions du Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique. p. 359.