A Common Raven.
|Look up Hrafn in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Hrafn is both a masculine byname, and personal name in Old Norse. The name translates into English as "raven". The Old English form of the name is *Hræfn. The name is paralleled by the English masculine given name Raven, which is derived from the vocabulary word "raven".
People with the name
- Hrafn Haengsson, (fl. 10th century), Icelandic jurist and goði
- Hrafn Gunnlaugsson, (born 1948), Icelandic moviemaker
- Hravn Forsne (born 1988), Swedish politician who claims to be the son of French president François Mitterrand
- Reaney, Percy Hilde; Wilson, Richard Middlewood (2006), A Dictionary of English Surnames (3rd ed.), London: Routledge, p. 2594, ISBN 0-203-99355-1
- Hanks, Patrick; Hardcastle, Kate; Hodges, Flavia (2006), A Dictionary of First Names, Oxford Paperback Reference (2nd ed.), Oxford: Oxford University Press, p. 226, ISBN 978-0-19-861060-1