Yasheng Huang at The Emerging
Markets Summit 2009
|Alma mater||Harvard University
(John F. Kennedy School of Government)
|Occupation||Author, economic strategist, professor|
|Employer||MIT Sloan School of Management, Fudan University, Harvard Business School, University of Michigan|
|Known for||expertise on international business, political economy, and international management|
Yasheng Huang (Chinese: 黄亚生) is a professor in international management at the MIT Sloan School of Management, where he founded and heads the China Lab and India Lab. His research areas include human capital formation in China and India.
He had previous appointments at the University of Michigan and Harvard Business School.
Early life and education
Dr. Huang was born in Beijing, China. He moved to the United States to pursue his higher education, and enrolled for a B.A. degree program, with a major in government from Harvard College; which he completed in 1985. Upon completion; he went on to earn a Ph.D. in government from John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University in 1991.
While he was preparing for his Ph.D, he worked as a World Bank consultant and associate professor at the University of Michigan from 1987 to 1989. In 1997, he joined Harvard Business School as the Associate Professor in business, government and international economics.
He is currently a professor in international management at the MIT Sloan School of Management, joined in 2003. At MIT, he founded and heads the China Lab and India Lab. His research areas include human capital formation in China and India.
Dr. Huang’s scholarly works and articles have been published in a number of economics and management journals, and publications including TheWall Street Journal, The Economist, and Businessworld. He also authored / co authored books on topics - globalization and emerging markets; FDI, Investment strategies, financial liberalization in China. A selection of his books and articles, are the following;
- Books (author)
- Huang, Yasheng (1996). Inflation and Investment Controls in China. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 9780521554831.
- Huang, Yasheng (1998). Fdi in China: An Asian Perspective. Institute of Southeast Asian Studies. ISBN 9789813055872.
- Huang, Yasheng (1998). Selling China : Foreign Investment during the Reform Era. Cambridge University press. ISBN 97805218142872 Check
- Saich, Tony; Steinfeld, Edward; Huang, Yasheng (2005). Financial Reform in China. Harvard University Asia Center.
- Huang, Yasheng (2008). Capitalism with Chinese Characteristics. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 9780521898102.
- Yasheng Huang, Tarun Khanna (July 2003); Can India Overtake China?; Foreign policy
- Yasheng Huang (July/August 2008); The Next Asian Miracle; Foreign Policy magazine;
- Yasheng Huang (December 2008); The China Growth Fantasy; Wall Street Journal;
- Yasheng Huang (January 2011); Rethinking the Beijing Consensus; Asia Policy;
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2013)|
- "Biography, Yasheng Huang, Professor of Global Economics and Management, MIT". mitsloan.mit.edu. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- "TED Bio of Yasheng Huang". TED Talks. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- "Bio of Yasheng Huang". Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- "Bio". T. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- "China's rise relied on a rural miracle. So does its future". Guardian. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
|This biography of an American academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|