Central China Normal University
|Central China Normal University|
|Academic staff||700 professors, 4,000 teaching staff|
|Location||Wuhan, Hubei, PRC|
|Campus||Urban, 330 acres|
Central China Normal University (CCNU or sometimes referred as Huazhong Normal University) (Chinese: 华中师范大学, traditional Chinese characters: 華中師範大學, Pinyin: Huázhōng Shīfàn Dàxué), is a key normal university directly administered by PRC Ministry of Education. Located in Wuhan, a major hub of transportation, it has a campus of over 330 acres with a construction area of more than 600,000 square meters on Guizishan, a hill bordering the East Lake and the South Lake.
Sponsored by the national program "Project 211" as one of 100 best universities, it also received funds from "Project 985". Central China Normal University, along with East China Normal University and Beijing Normal University are the top three normal universities in mainland China. CCNU also has one of the best Political Schools in China and is ranked 3rd together with Fudan University and just after Peking University and Renmin University of China. A normal school referred to an institution that aimed to train school teachers in early twentieth century dating back to French tradition, and this terminology is preserved in the official names of such institutions in China.
|QS (World version)
QS (Asian version)
CCNU has made noticeable achievements in scientific research. Since the 7th Five-Year Plan was carried out, our teaching staff have been entrusted with a great many important scientific research projects such as national high-tech project 863,national "Torch Program".
CCNU carries on a wide range of international academic exchanges. It has regular academic links and cooperation with more than 20 universities, colleges and research institutes in America, Germany, Russia, Ukraine, France, Italy, Britain, Japan, Switzerland, Bulgaria, Brazil.
Foreign experts and teachers are regularly invited to teach at the university and many faculty members have been sent abroad for further study, visit or joint research.
National Key Disciplines
Ministry of Education of China chose CCNU as one of the National key universities which has a number of important and promoted disciplines to international academic level. They consist of Chinese and Foreign Political Systems, Theoretical Physics, Scientific Socialism and International Communist Movement, Education Theory, Chinese Modern and Contemporary History, Literature and Art Studies, Pesticide Science and Basic Principles of Marxism.
National Key Laboratories
CCNU hosts two National key laboratories that are sponsored by central government and promoted to become research centers recognized among worldwide academics: Labaratory for Quark and Lepton Physics and Laboratory for Pesticide Science and Chemical Biology
Campus Organizations & Activities
There are also a lot of nationality based student unions and the Association of Kazakh Students of CCNU being the biggest one consisting nearly 100 members.
Students are able to have meals in any of the seven canteens with a campus ID card. CCNU implemented latest technologies among all the campus introducing electronic Students ID Cards that can serve as debit cards. The service desks and ID card machines in every canteen are available within opening hours.
The main international partners include Oxford University, McGill University, Moscow State University and others. Among latest cooperations agreements signed in 2014 are GSI Helmholtz Centre for Heavy Ion Research, RMIT University and Macquarie University.
Students have opportunity to use university insurance as well as any kind of customs services.
- China University Center Ranking (Top 200 China University): 10th in China 
- 4icu World University Ranking: 596th (42nd in China) 
- Webometrics World University Ranking: 465nd (34th in China and 77th in Asia) 
- Rating of Chinese Normal Universities: 3rd 
- China Top 100 University Ranking: 40th 
- Humanities and Social Sciences in China: 17th 
- Political Science in China: 3rd 
- Law Schools in China: 12 
Notable students and alumni
- Yun Daiying (恽代英): was an early leader of the Communist Party of China.
- Song Jiaoren (宋教仁): was a Chinese republican revolutionary, political leader and a founder of the Kuomintang (KMT).
- Chen Baihuai ( 陈柏槐): is a former Chinese politician from Hubei province.
- Tang Haoming ( 唐浩明): is a Chinese novelist. He is best known for writing biographical novels of Zeng Guofan, Zhang Zhidong, and Yang Du. He is now the vice president of Hunan Writers Association.
- Zhang Kaiyuan (章开沅): member of Chinese Academy of Sciences and a former president of CCNU. He holds Honorary Doctor of Laws degrees from Augustana College, Soka University and Kansai University.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Central China Normal University.|
- http://www.china.org.cn/top10/2011-12/08/content_24105530_8.htm Top 10 normal universities in China
- http://www.hsv.se/download/18.1dbd1f9a120d72e05717ffe64/Official+Release+of+Chinese+University+Ranking+by+Disciplines+ Rankings by disciplines
- "QS World University Rankings (extracting Asian universities from the list for counting this position)". QS Quacquarelli Symonds Limited. 2014. Retrieved September 21, 2014.
- "QS Asian University Rankings". QS Quacquarelli Symonds Limited. 2014. Retrieved May 19, 2014.