Huazhu Hotels Group
Huazhu Hotels Group Ltd (simplified Chinese: 华住酒店集团; traditional Chinese: 華住酒店集團; pinyin: Huázhù Jiǔdiàn Jítuán), is a hotel management company in China. It was previously known in English as China Lodging Group Limited (Nasdaq: HTHT). The company head office is in Changning District, Shanghai.
The China Lodging/Hanting Inns business was established in 2005. The original company, Powerhill, was established in 2005, and the current Huazhu company was established in 2007. Ji Qi (C: 季 琦, P: Jì Qí), the founder, stated that he got the idea to start the chain by reading a book discussing Accor Hotels. As of 2012 the company had four brands and about 1,000 properties in China.
The company brands include Hanting Inns and Hotels (S: 汉庭连锁酒店, T: 漢庭連鎖酒店, P: Hàntíng Liánsuǒ Jiǔdiàn) including Hanting Express (S: 汉庭快捷, T: 漢庭快捷, P: Hàntíng Kuàijié); Hi Inn (C: 海友酒店, P: Hǎiyǒu Jiǔdiàn); JI Hotel (C: 全季酒店, P: Quánjì Jiǔdiàn), Starway Hotel (C: 星程酒店, P: Xīngchéng Jiǔdiàn), Joya Hotel (C: 禧玥酒店, P: Xǐyuè Jiǔdiàn), and Manxin Hotels and Resorts (C: 漫心度假酒店, P: Mànxīn Dùjià Jiǔdiàn). The company classifies Joya and Manxin as upscale brands, JI and Starway as midscale, and Hanting and Hi Inn as economy brands. Previously the sub-brands of Hanting Inns and Hotels were Hanting Seasons Hotel and Hanting Express Hotel, and Hanting Hi Inn.
Jiazhen Huo and Zhisheng Hong, authors of Service Science in China, wrote that the Hanting brand is promoted to be "similar to youth' [sic] hostels so as to meet the customer demands lower than its former market positioning."
- Ruetz, David and Macy Marvel. "Budget Hotels: Low Cost Concepts in the U.S., Europe and Asia." In: Conrady, Roland and Martin Buck. Trends and Issues in Global Tourism 2011 (Volume 0 of Trends and Issues in Global Tourism). Springer Science & Business Media, February 4, 2011. Start p. 99. ISBN 3642177670, 9783642177675.
- "China Lodging Group, Limited Announces Results of 2010 Annual General Meeting" (Archive). (press release). Global Newswire at CNN Money. August 26, 2010. Retrieved on July 30, 2014.
- "Contact Us" (Archive). China Lodging. April 15, 2013. Retrieved on July 30, 2014. "Company address: 2266 Hongqiao Road, Changning District, Shanghai 200336 People's Republic of China"
- "FORM 20-F (Annual and Transition Report (foreign private issuer) China Lodging Group Ltd" (Archive). EDGAR. Retrieved on July 30, 2014. "No. 2266 Hongqiao Road Changning District Shanghai 200336 People’s Republic of China (86) 21 6195-2011 (Address of principal executive offices)"
- Ruetz and Marvel, p. 119.
- "Investor FAQs" (Archive).
- "华住酒店集团公布2013年第二季度财报 净利润同比增长37%，单季门店开业数量创新高" (Archive). Huazhu Hotels Group. July 30, 2014. Retrieved on July 30, 2014. "执行董事长兼CEO季琦在财报中披露"
- "A new hotel every two days -- Chinese chain bids to be world's biggest" (Archive). CNN. July 13, 2012. Retrieved on July 30, 2014.
- "Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2012 Results" (Archive). China Lodging Group. March 6, 2013. Pages 5-9/25. Retrieved on July 30, 2014.
- Huo, Jiazhen and Zhisheng Hong. Service Science in China. Springer Science & Business Media, January 6, 2013. p. 355. ISBN 3642344976, 9783642344978.
- Huazhu Hotels Group Ltd (simplified Chinese) - Site for all hotel brands
- China Lodging Group Limited (Investor site, in English)
- Hanting Inns (simplified Chinese)
- China Lodging Group, Ltd at Google Finance
- "China Lodging Group, Limited Signs Definitive Agreement for Acquiring Shares of Quanjude" (Archive). Hospitality Business News. October 14, 2013.
|This Chinese corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|