|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+05:00)|
|Postal codes||90250 |
|Calling code||+92-853-XXX XXX|
Hub (Urdu: حب) (also known as Hub Chowki) is the capital city of the Hub Tehsil, located in the Lasbela District of Balochistan, Pakistan. Hub is an industrial city and its original name was Hub Chowki because once there was a police and customs check post (which is known as chowki in Urdu), named Nakahi. After the development of factories and many other industries, the town was renamed to Hub. Hub is one of the largest industrial estate of Balochistan, and because of its proximity to Karachi, its becoming a Commuter town of the Karachi metro area.
There are several ethnic groups in Hub including: Brahuis, Balochis, Muhajirs, Sindhis, Punjabis, Kashmiris, Seraikis, Pakhtuns, etc. The majority of the population is Muslim, while there is small Hindu and Christian minorities. Increased commercialization in this area has led to many social, political and hygienic problems. Worst state of roads and streets in area has made the everyday life more difficult. Roads are too busy as the area serves as a hub between Balochistan and Karachi, that is one of the main reasons behind the lack development in this area. Presence of political parties usually lead to bad law and order situations that affects the life and commerce in many ways declining the economy of country to certain extent.
Hub is economically one of the largest industrial cities in Balochistan. Hub is emerging as a commercial centre due to its proximity to Karachi. The Bazaars and markets are full with varieties of goods as well. The Byco Petroleum's refineries are located in Hub near Karachi.
There are a number of primary (till class 5), secondary (till class 8) and high schools (till class 10/SSC) in Hub. But the city lacks colleges and universities.
- The Citizens Foundation (TCF) have nine campuses in Hub 
- Special Public High School (Zehri Street Hub)
- BAF Public High School (Bahwani Hub)
- Government School of Hub for Boys (Patrha Hub)
- Government School of Hub for girls (Adalat Road Hub)
- Ideal Public High School
- Muslim Public High School (Lasi Road Hub)
- Rind Academy High School Hub (Goth Mohammed Ali Rind. Mehmmood Abad Road Hub)
- Balochistan Kids Academy Hub
- National Cambridge High School (Allahabad town Hub)
- Crescent Public High School
- The Hub City School
- Balochistan School
- Oxford High School
- Wajah Arbaz Memorial School
- Govt Primary School (Goth Haji Mohammad Amin Shaikh, Allahbad Town Hub)
- Pak Grammar public High School(Lasi Road Hub)
- The Excellence English Public Primary School (secondary school)
- Brilliant Future Public School (secondary school)
- Grammar School Hub (secondary school)
- Government School for Boys, Akram Colony (primary school)
- Government Degree College Hub
- Government Degree College Hub
- Balochistan College of Education
Courses provided by colleges in Hub include FSC, FA, BSC and BA, however, these universitues/colleges lack education for IT, I.com, Engineering, Medical or ICS. Students from Hub have to transfer to Karachi, Uthal or other cities to proceed to university-level education.
- "Complete List of Post Codes of All Post Offices of Pakistan (XLS file)". Pakistan Post.
- A matter of weeks: Byco ready to utilise its Hub refinery
- "List of TCF Schools". The Citizens Foundation.