|Hubert M. Houser|
|Member of the Iowa Senate
from the 49th district
|Preceded by||Derryl McLaren|
October 9, 1942 |
Pottawattamie County, Iowa
Hubert M. Houser (born October 9, 1942) is the Iowa State Senator from the 49th District. He has served in the Iowa Senate since 2002, when he filled a vacancy left by Derryl McLaren's resignation. 
Houser currently serves on several committees in the Iowa Senate - the Agriculture committee; the Local Government committee; the Transportation committee; the Ways and Means committee; and the Economic Growth committee, where he is the ranking member. He also serves on the Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee. His prior political experience includes serving as a representative in the Iowa House from 1992 to 2001, serving on the Pottawattamie County Board of Supervisors from 1979 to 1993, and serving two terms on the Carson-Macedonia School Board.
Houser was re-elected in 2006 with 14,373 votes, running unopposed. 
Outside of politics, Houser is a farmer. Secretary of the Senate Michael Marshall told The Des Moines Register on Monday (April 7) that Sen. Hubert Houser was receiving his $144 daily expense payments and his $25,000 annual salary, though he hasn't voted on a measure since March 4. Houser told the Register earlier he was too busy with work on his farm to join in legislative business, adding that as a Republican in the Democratic-controlled Senate, he had little to do. On Monday, Houser told the Council Bluffs Daily Nonpareil he's willing to return his legislative pay to the state if anyone requested he do so. Houser, a Republican, has served 22 years in the Legislature.
- Farm bureau
- Cattleman's Association
- Carson-Macedonia School Board (two years)
- Pottawattamie County Board of Supervisors (1979-1993)
- Economic Development Authority Board
- Iowa Economic Development Board
- Iowa Power Fund Board
- "Hubert Houser". Iowa Senate Republican Caucus. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- "Lawmaker skipping rest of session is still getting paid". Retrieved 8 April 2014.
- "JONI ERNST ANNOUNCES ENDORSEMENT OF STATE SENATOR HUBERT HOUSER". Joni For Iowa. Retrieved 11 December 2013.
- Senator Hubert Housers official Iowa Legislature site
- Senator Hubert Houser official Iowa General Assembly site
- Senator Hubert Houser at Iowa Senate Republican Caucus
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
2002 – 2003
2003 – present
|This article about an Iowa politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|