Hugh Durham Award
|Hugh Durham Award|
|Awarded for||the nation's top mid-major men's head coach in NCAA Division I basketball|
|Currently held by||Danny Kaspar, Stephen F. Austin|
The Hugh Durham National Coach of the Year Award (formerly called the CollegeInsider.com Mid-Major Coach of the Year Award from 2005 to 2009) is an award given annually to the most outstanding mid-major men's college basketball head coach in NCAA Division I competition. The award was established in 2005 and was renamed for legendary head coach Hugh Durham, who coached at Florida State, Georgia and Jacksonville. Among his many accomplishments, Durham is the only person to be the all-time winningest coach for three separate NCAA basketball programs.
The Hugh Durham Award is voted on by 20 members who are on a panel consisting of former and current head coaches. Durham himself is the chairman, and the award is presented at the Final Four to the top mid-major men's basketball coach.
|*||Awarded the Naismith College Coach of the Year the same season|
|Coach (X)||Denotes the number of times the coach has been awarded the Hugh Durham Award|
|2004–05||Thomason, BobBob Thomason||Pacific||27–4|||
|2005–06||Flannery, PatPat Flannery||Bucknell||27–5|||
|2006–07||Marshall, GreggGregg Marshall||Winthrop||29–5|||
|2007–08||Davis, KenoKeno Davis||Drake||28–5|||
|2008–09||Bozeman, ToddTodd Bozeman||Morgan State||23–12|||
|2009–10||Young, MikeMike Young||Wofford||26–9|||
|2010–11||Byrd, RickRick Byrd||Belmont||30–5|||
|2011–12||Payne, EddieEddie Payne||South Carolina Upstate||21–13|||
|2012–13||Kaspar, DannyDanny Kaspar||Stephen F. Austin||27–5|||
Winners by school
|South Carolina Upstate||1||2005|
|Stephen F. Austin||1||2013|
- "Hugh Durham Award". CollegeInsider.com. 2010. Retrieved 9 April 2010.
- "CollegeInsider.com Announces Creation of the Hugh Durham Award". CollegeInsider.com. 5 April 2005.
- "Winthrop Coach Receives Top Mid-Major Coaching Award From CollegeInsider.com". Press release. Winthrop University. 2007. Retrieved 9 April 2010.
- "Flannery Receives 2006 Hugh Durham Award". CollegeInsider.com. 5 April 2006. Retrieved 9 April 2010.
- "Winthrop's Gregg Marshall Receives 2007 Durham Award". CollegeInsider.com. 30 March 2007. Retrieved 9 April 2010.
- "Drake's Keno Davis Receives 2008 Durham Award". CollegeInsider.com. 4 April 2008. Retrieved 9 April 2010.
- "Morgan State's Todd Bozeman Receives 2009 Durham Award". CollegeInsider.com. 3 April 2009. Retrieved 9 April 2010.
- Staff (2 April 2010). "Wofford's Young named Mid-Major Coach of the Year". Spartanburg Herald Journal. Retrieved 9 April 2010.
- Staff (1 April 2011). "Rick Byrd Named 2011 Hugh Durham National Coach of the Year". Belmont University. Retrieved 2 April 2011.
- "USC Upstate's Payne Claims 2012 Hugh Durham Award" (Press release). Atlantic Sun Conference. March 30, 2012. Retrieved April 2, 2012.
- "Danny Kaspar Wins 2013 Hugh Durham Award" (Press release). Texas State University. April 5, 2013. Retrieved April 12, 2013.