Hugo Colace (footballer)
Colace playing for Barnsley in 2010
|Full name||Hugo Roberto Colace|
|Date of birth||January 6, 1984|
|Place of birth||Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|2005–2008||Newell's Old Boys||32||(1)|
|2007||→ Estudiantes (loan)||5||(0)|
|2007–2008||→ Flamengo (loan)||5||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10 October 2012.
† Appearances (Goals).
He left Barnsley on June 30, 2010. After a lot of deliberation he turned down Crystal Palace to return to Barnsley on July 20 as he decided against moving to London. At the end of the 2010–11 Championship season, he was released from Barnsley.
Born in Buenos Aires, Colace joined Flamengo on August 30, 2007, and on September 23, 2007, he played his first match as a Flamengo player, a Campeonato Brasileiro match against Juventude at Estádio Alfredo Jaconi, in which he came as a substitute for Cristian. He joined English club Barnsley on a three-year deal on June 27, 2008. During the 2009-10 season, Colace scored 8 goals in all competitions. He received Barnsley's player of the season and player's player of the season award on April 21, 2010, but was not keen on signing a new contract. He finally agreed to return to Oakwell on July 20, 2010, signing a two-year contract.
Listed for loan due to a loss in form with Barnsley, on May 31, 2011 Colace signed with Mexican club Estudiantes Tecos. Tecos was relegated in the 2011-12 season and he joined Ligue 2 side AJ Auxerre in September 2012.
Club career statistics
- (correct as of July 19, 2010)
|Newell's Old Boys||2005–06||19||1||0||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||19||1||0|
|Newell's Old Boys||2006–07||13||0||3||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||13||0||3|
Colace represented the Argentina national under-20 football team in the FIFA World Youth Championship in 2003, when his country finished in the fourth position. He captained the side which included players such as Manchester City's Carlos Tévez, Barcelona midfielder Javier Mascherano along with occasionally Lionel Messi.
- (Portuguese) "Hugo Roberto Colace". CBF. Retrieved 2007-10-11.[dead link]
- (Portuguese) "Sob forte chuva, Ju e Fla empatam". Globo Esporte. 2007-09-23. Retrieved 2007-10-11.
- (Portuguese) "Estréia de Colace dura um minuto". Globo Esporte. 2007-09-23. Retrieved 2007-10-11.
- "Transfer News and Speculation: 28 June". Belfast Telegraph. 2008-06-28. Retrieved 2008-07-09.
- (French) "AJA : Colace pour un an". L'Équipe. 2012-08-30. Retrieved 2012-10-10.
- Includes FA Cup, League Cup and FA Community Shield
- (Portuguese) "Argentina". FIFA. Retrieved 2007-10-11.
- Roberto Colace – FIFA competition record
- Roberto Colace career stats at Soccerbase
- (Portuguese) Player profile at the Brazilian FA database