Human Resources for Health
|Human Resources for Health|
|Human Resources Development Journal|
Abbreviated title (ISO 4)
|Hum. Resour. Health|
|Edited by||Mario Roberto Dal Poz|
|License||Creative Commons Attribution|
Human Resources for Health is a peer-reviewed open-access public health journal publishing original research and case studies on issues of information, planning, production, management, and governance of the health workforce, and their links with health care delivery and health outcomes, particularly as related to global health. It was established in 1997 as the Human Resources Development Journal published by the Health Manpower Development Institute of the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand. Since 2003, it is published by BioMed Central in collaboration with the World Health Organization.
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed in PubMed, Social Sciences Citation Index, Current contents, Scopus, and CINAHL. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2012 impact factor of 2.050.
The journal occasionally publishes themed collections. In 2007, the journal issued a call for papers jointly with 17 other public health journals under the theme "Towards a scaling-up of training and education for health workers". Twenty-two articles were published in Human Resources for Health on this special theme between July 2008 and November 2009. In 2013, the journal issued a call for papers on the theme "Right Time, Right Place: Improving access to health service through effective retention and distribution of health workers."
- "Human Resources Development Journal". World health Organization. Retrieved 19 September 2013.
- "Human Resources for Health". 2012 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Science ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2013.
- Shaw, Daniel MP (2007). "Final call for papers: "Towards a scaling-up of training and education for health workers"". Human Resources for Health 5: 22. doi:10.1186/1478-4491-5-22.
- Mercer, Hugo (16 November 2009). "Article collections: Towards a scaling-up of training and education for health workers". Human Resources for Health. BioMed Central. Retrieved 19 September 2013.
- Hoffman, Liz (21 March 2013). "Right Time, Right Place". BioMed central blog. BioMed Central. Retrieved 19 September 2013.