||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (January 2011)|
The founding Editor-in-Chief is Pertti Saariluoma, University of Jyväskylä; the current editor in chief is Päivi Häkkinen, University of Jyväskylä. Many issues are led by a guest editor.
Its aim is to explore current topics regarding the interaction between people and technology. Peer-reviewed articles in the journal are intended to address the issues and challenges surrounding the role of human interaction with ICT in all areas of society. The journal seeks to edit interdisciplinary research about how applied technology can affect human existence or how it can, for instance, foster personal development and professional competencies changes, and how it can enhance innovation, e-learning, socio-technical evolutions and communication.
Board of Editors
- Jóse Cañas, University of Granada, Spain
- Pr. Karl-Heinz Hoffmann, Technische Universität München, Germany
- Pr. Jim McGuigan, Loughborough University, United Kingdom
- Pr. Raul Pertierra, Ateneo de Manila University and the University of the Philippines, The Philippines
- Pr. Lea Pulkkinen, University of Jyväskylä, Finland
- Pr. Howard E. Sypher, Purdue University, USA
- Barbara Crawford, the Agora Human Technology Center, University of Jyväskylä, Finland
Human Technology is listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals (Lund University Libraries), and is cited and/or abstracted in various databases, including: PsycINFO(American Psychological Association).
- Jóse Cañas
- Pr. Karl-Heinz Hoffmann
- Pr. Jim McGuigan
- Pr. Raul Pertierra
- Pr. Lea Pulkkinen
- Pr. Howard E. Sypher
- HT on DOAJ
- APA page 14, entry : 1795-6889 Human Technology: An Interdisciplinary Journal on Humans in ICT Environments