Humanoid Robotics Project
The Humanoid Robotics Project (HRP) is a project for development of general domestic helper robots, sponsored by Japan's Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) and New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO), spearheaded by Kawada Industries and supported by the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) and Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Inc. The HRP series also goes by the name Promet. The HRP should not be confused with the HOAP series (Humanoid for Open Architecture Platform), which is manufactured by Fujitsu.
Features and technology
An interesting feature that HRP-2 has is the ability to stand up again after lying flat on the floor either on its back or front. Something that Honda's ASIMO is not able to do.
Kawada Industries has also developed the NEXTAGE system, envisioned as a production robot that works alongside human workers. The NEXTAGE not a biped but consists of a torso and arms on a fixed base.
|HRP-3 Promet MK-II2
|Weight||130 kg||130 kg||58 kg||58 kg||65 kg||68 kg||43 kg||39 kg|
|Height||160.0 cm||160 cm||154.0 cm||154.0 cm||160.0 cm||160.6 cm||170 cm||151 cm|
|Width||60.0 cm||60 cm||65.0 cm||62.0 cm||66.4 cm||69.3 cm||44.0 cm|
|Depth||55.5 cm||55.5 cm||34.0 cm||36.3 cm||41.0 cm||27.0 cm|
|Walking speed||2 km/h||2 km/h||2 km/h||2 km/h||2 km/h||2 km/h|
135 V / 6 Ah
48 V / 18 Ah
48 V / 14.8 Ah
|Continuous operating time||25 minutes||25 minutes||60 minutes||120 minutes||20 minutes|
|Degrees of Freedom||28||28||30||30||36||42||42||34|
|Sensors||Eye stereo camera||2||2||3||3||3||3|
|Scanning range finder||-||-||-||-||-||Yes|
- 1.^ – For reference to compare with the HRP-1.
- 2.^ - The external appearances of HRP-2 and HRP-3 were designed by Yutaka Izubuchi.
- 3.^ – "C" means "Cybernetic Human".
- Junya Asano (April 2003). "HRPが最終成果を公開！". Robocon Magazine (in Japanese) (Ohmsha, Ltd). Retrieved 2010-06-12.
- 産総研、働く人間型ロボット開発の中間成果を発表. PC Watch (in Japanese) (Impress Watch Corporation). 2002-04-10. Retrieved 2010-06-12.
- ROBOCON Editorial (September 15, 2010) (June 2011). "･HRP-4" (in Japanese). Retrieved 2011-06-02.
- "Humanoid Robot HRP-2 "Promet"". Kawada Industries, Inc. (Kawada Industries, Inc.). Retrieved 2010-05-30.
- "HRP-3 Promet Robot Blue Collar Style". Technovelgy LLC (Technovelgy LLC). 2007-06-20. Retrieved 2010-05-30.
- "人と共同作業を目指すロボット「HRP-2プロトタイプ」発表". PC Watch (in Japanese) (Impress Watch). 2002-03-19. Retrieved 2010-05-30.
- "産総研、女性型ヒューマノイドロボット「HRP-4C」を発表". Robot Watch (in Japanese) (Impress Watch). 2009-03-16. Retrieved 2010-05-30.
- HRP-2P (Japanese) - from Kawada Industries, Inc.
- HRP-2 - from Kawada Industries, Inc.
- HRP-3P (Japanese) - from Kawada Industries, Inc.
- HRP-3 - from Kawada Industries, Inc.
- HRP-4 (Japanese) - from Kawada Industries, Inc.
- HTP-4 (Japanese) - from AIST
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Humanoid Robotics Project.|
- Kawada Industries, Inc. - Mechatronics
- General Robotix,Inc
- AIST Humanoid Robotics Group - academic side to the HRP project
- Press release about the HRP-4C
- HRP-4 - The Bipedal Robot - Video demonstration
|This robotics-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|