Hume, Fresno County, California
|Elevation||5,344 ft (1,629 m)|
Hume (formerly, Humes) is an unincorporated community in Fresno County, California. It is located 50 miles (80 km) east of Fresno, at an elevation of 5344 feet (1629 m). Hume is located in the 93628 ZIP Code, in area code 559.
A post office operated at Hume from 1908 to 1924, and from 1938 to the present. Hume is named as "The Most Conservative Community" in the state of California.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Hume, Fresno County, California
- Durham, David L. (1998). California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and Modern Names of the State. Clovis, Calif.: Word Dancer Press. p. 1049. ISBN 1-884995-14-4.
- Johnston, Hank (1996). They Felled the Redwoods: A Saga of Flumes and Rails in the High Sierra. Fish Camp, CA: Stauffer Publishing. pp. 34, 38. ISBN 0-87046-003-X.
- "Hume Lake (CA), Sequoia NF — FS, CA". National Park Service. 9 March 2001. Retrieved 2009-04-09.
- "Sequoia National Forest: Things To Do and See". USDA Forest Service. 6 October 2006. Retrieved 2009-04-09.
|This Fresno County, California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|