|Associated acts||Beck, Bogert & Appice, Jeff Beck, Streetwalkers, The Jeff Beck Group|
|Past members||Bobby Tench
Hummingbird were a British rock band, formed in 1974 by Bobby Tench of The Jeff Beck Group and Streetwalkers fame. Hummingbird recorded three successful albums, released by A&M using Ian "Sammy" Samwell as their record producer. The original line up included members of the second Jeff Beck Group, vocalist and guitarist Bobby Tench, keyboardist Max Middleton, bassist Clive Chaman, drummer Conrad Isidore and second guitarist Bernie Holland. At the start of sessions for their first album they were joined by Jeff Beck for a brief period but he did not contribute to the album and left to work on his own project. After the first album Bernie Holland was replaced by guitarist Robert Ahwai and drummer Bernard "Pretty" Purdie replaced Isidore on the next two albums,vocalists Madeline Bell and Liza Strike were brought in to complement the band. They found success mainly in the USA, also in Europe and Japan.
- Bobby Tench - guitar, vocals (1974-1977)
- Max Middleton - keyboards (1974-1977)
- Clive Chaman - bass (1974-1977)
- Bernie Holland - guitar (1974)
- Conrad Isidore - drums (1974)
- Jeff Beck - guitar (1974)
- Robert Ahwai - guitar (1974-1977)
- Bernard Purdie - drums (1974-1977)
- Hummingbird A&M AMLS 68292 (1974)
- We Can't Go On Meeting Like This A&M AMLH 68383 UK / SP-4595 USA (1975) 
- Diamond Nights (1979)A&M AMLHI 64661 UK / SP 4661 USA (1976)
- "For the Childrens Sake" /"You can keep your money" A&M AMS 7193 (1975) From Hummingbird album
- "Trouble maker"/"Gypsy Skies" A&M AMS 7254 (1976) From We Can't Go On Meeting Like This album
- "Madatcha"/"Anna's song" A&M AMS 7325(1977) from Diamond Nights Album
- Eder, Bruce. "Ian Samwell". Allmusic.com. Retrieved 2013-01-12.
- "Bobby Tench". Allmusic.com. Retrieved 2009-02-17.
- Joynson, Vernon. The Tapestry of Delights - The Comprehensive Guide to British Music of the Beat, R&B, Psychedelic and Progressive Eras. Borderline. p. 415.
- Hjort and Hinman. Jeff's book: A Chronology of Jeff Beck's Career 1965-1980. p. 146.
- Wynn, Ron. "Bernard "Pretty" Purdie". Allmusic.com. Retrieved 2008-12-17-2008. Check date values in:
- Hjort, Chris and Hinman, Doug. Jeff's book : A chronology of Jeff Beck's Career 1965-1980 : from the Yardbirds to Jazz-Rock. Rock 'n' Roll Research Press, (2000). ISBN 0-9641005-3-3
- Joynson, Vernon. The Tapestry of Delights - The Comprehensive Guide to British Music of the Beat, R&B, Psychedelic and Progressive Eras 1963-1976. Borderline (2006). Reprinted (2008). ISBN 1899855157
- Hummingbird (band) at AllMusic
- Tench Hummingbird (band) at AllMusic
- Reference to Hummingbird - The Ian "Sammy" Samwell Story
- "Let me tell ya baby" it's called "Rock'n'Roll" by Ray Baisden
- Conrad Isidore at Musicians Olympus